He - Oneshot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the signs made sense when it finally happened.

He'd been so distant for weeks on end.

He just didn't laugh the way he usually did. I tried joke after joke and he would only occasionally crack a smile or perhaps giggle a bit. But my corny one-liners didn't ever get the reaction I was hoping for.

His grades started dropping. He had always been a decent student. Mostly getting A's and a few B's here and there. I didn't understand why. I was so naive.

What I feared was that he would start pushing me away from him, the exact same thing that he did with the rest of the world.

And so he did.

I would never say that I was a fan of his new friend base. But, what I didn't get was the fact that he had never really liked them either. So, why pick them all of a sudden.

Why choose them over a friend you've had for years. Someone you trust and actually care about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I went to try and make up with him, to try to figure out why he left his best friend, I didn't find what I was looking for. I didn't find my best friend.

Instead I found someone so broken I didn't know how I would be able to put their pieces back together.

I didn't know who to call or what to do when I saw blood pooling around his feet and smeared across his arms.

I asked him if this was what he really wanted. If he wanted it to end this way. If he wanted to die.

He said yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~