Prologue: A long day at a convention

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Y/N, are we there yet?"

"Y/N?"

"Y/N!"

You snapped out of your daydream as your little sister Mia shook your shoulders impatiently.

"Huh? What?"

Mia groaned in annoyance. "Are we there yet?"

You sighed, "No Mia. I told you it would take forty-five minutes to get there."

"But the taxi guy is going so slow!"

"Mia, don't complain. I got you the tickets, and mind you it cost me a hundred dollars plus the taxi fee. We'll be at the convention in ten minutes, so do some day-dreaming or something."

"Argh. Fine."

Mia 'harrumphed' and leaned her cheek against the windowpane, squashing her cheek. For weeks Mia had been overly eager for her birthday, which just so happened to be the day the convention for her favorite TV show, The Lion Guard, premiered. To you, The Lion Guard was nothing much to get excited over. It was just yet another kid's child show based on three of your favorite movies: The Lion King trilogy.

Your parents had forced you and your sister to grow up like nineties kids; no tablets, no computers, no good privileges. So you and your sister grew up with Disney. You were turning fifteen in three months and missed being a child. Mia was eight years old. You didn't know why but kids at school didn't think too kindly of your kid sister, but despite it all, she still managed to grow up a happy and carefree child.

You, on the other hand, were nothing special. You were a fairly good student, hated school because of the noise and rudeness of the teenagers, and hated getting out of bed.

You had accepted a long time ago that you could never be as amazing or have such a fantastic adventure-filled lifelike character in anime. You considered yourself a-romantic or at least so unsociable that you could never get a boyfriend, but still meanwhile couldn't stop fantasizing over fictional characters. There weren't enough anime and manga in the world for you here in C/N. (City Name) It was way too boring and bland. There was nothing exciting left about the world. Nearly everywhere in the world except the majority of the sea had already been explored. Any bad guys like pirates had already faded into a mere legend. Sure, there were the petty criminals and psychopaths, but it didn't mean your life would ever be interesting.

Too damn boring here.

At the moment you were fantasizing about Levi Ackerman from Attack On Titan. Sure, he may be around fifteen years older than you, but that is what you call a man. You were a little annoyed over the rumors that had been given that he and Petra were engaged. You didn't really like it though. You preferred the best ship: Petra x Tree. You imagined Levi saving you from a titan, and despite yourself, you blushed. You were such an idiot.

You didn't even realize the taxi had stopped until the driver cleared his throat.

"Miss, your stop has arrived. Twenty-three dollars please."

You sighed and dug your wallet out of your pocket, then scrounged around it for the money. You gave him the change, thanked him for his troubles and pulled your sister out of the car.

"Mia," you started with a warning tone, "I will give you your birthday money, but you have to take good care of it. Buy the cheaper stuff. Only buy the expensive stuff if you think you absolutely need it."

Mia nodded her head rapidly, "Aha, aha. Just give it already!" When you held back, Mia gave you large, desperate eyes. Otherwise known as puppy eyes.