27

"How's the shoulder feelin?" Arthur asked as I pulled on a shirt and began buttoning it up.

"It's alright. It was just a graze. I'll be all better in a few days."

"Good." He buttoned up his own shirt and placed his hat on top of his head.

We walked downstairs together and as we walked outside, we were stopped by Sadie.

"Hey, Arthur."

"Misses Adler."

"How are you? It's been quite a journey since I joined you fellas."

"Yes."

"And now you and Dutch have joined high society. My Lord above."

"Yeah, seems so." Arthur let out a short breathy laugh.

"I think my days in polite society are over."

"Well, I just saw Bill Williamson at a party at the Saint Denis's mayor's house. If he can do it, anyone can."

"You get any leads?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"You know so, Arthur Morgan. Come on." Dutch came jogging up the steps to the house. "We need to talk. Misses Adler, will you excuse us?"

"When you gonna let me come robbin' with you Dutch?"

"I think she might be ready." I chuckled as she smiled at me.

"My Lord, few more like her, we could take over the whole world." Dutch joked as Arthur and I followed him inside.

"Few more like her, there wouldn't be  much of a world left." Arthur grinned.

"Yes, perhaps. Her and Miss Fairchild, of course." We walked out onto the balcony overlooking the camp. "Now, the trolley bus station." He started as he lit a cigar. "I went down there." He lit a cigar for Arthur as well. "I took a look at it. I think we can hit it."

"I ain't never robbed in a city before." Arthur leaned against the railing of the balcony and I stood beside him.

"You leave the planning to me. You'll ride with me?"

"Always."

"And Florence as well."

"Of course, Dutch." I nodded.

"Good. And I reckon we'll need one more."

"I say Lenny."

"Not Micah?"

"Well that depends if you want a massacre or a pay day."

"I wish that there was somethin' I could do to make to two of you get along better."

"Oh, that's easy. Make him change."

"Very funny." Dutch's smile soon dropped as he looked past Arthur and myself. "What is that?"

We turned to see what he was staring at and my heart dropped when I realized what it was.

Keiren held his decapitated head in his hands as his horse ambled into camp. His eyes had been gouged out in a gruesome display.

Mary Beth screamed from below. "It's Keiren." 

His body slid from the horse.

"Oh my God." I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"What the Hell have they done to him?" Arthur growled.

"Look, there, the treeline." Dutch pointed. "Everybody take cover! O'Driscoll boys are comin'."