By Arhaan

Introduction:  Love: a divine feeling. You can fall in its trap within no time. You never know when the cupid's arrow hit you right through your heart.  

For me, it is something that cant be dodged. Without knowing, we fall prey to love and then there's no escape.  

Love can make you do the most serious as well as the most silliest things. When you can just leave the whole world for her, at the same time you can watch cartoons with her and laugh out loud at the stupid things.  

When you are with that special someone, you can never find the world more beautiful then that. She makes you feel that you're the luckiest guy in the whole world. And for her smile, you'll die as many deaths as you can. And then getting deeper into the ocean of love, you explore through pleasures, pains, fights, sorrows and what not. But the feeling of her by your side is all you need to get by.  

In other case, if she leaves your side, you are broken. So badly broken that even another touch will scatter you into trillions of pieces. Thats the darkest side and ultimate sorrowful end of love. I really pray noone gets to see that side. But the ones who see that, this story is for you.  

Dedicated to all the heartbroken buddies out there.  

"Lovestruck : the start and end of love."  

Staring at my packed luggage, sitting on my bed, i was having an intense battle of thoughts going deep inside my head. Totally lost in my thoughts, i couldnt sense the presence of my younger sister. She called me saying, "Bhai". I managed to came out of my mind's labyrinth for the moment. I looked at her, she seemed upset. She had a greeting card in her hand which she handed over to me. I opened it and it said, "good luck". She wrote, "All the best for your future bhai. Achieve the heights." I smiled and looked into her eyes. She sat beside me and hugged me at once and cried. I sobbed too. It was the first time that i had to leave my house and go out to study and my house's atmosphere was all sentimental.  

I was eagerly waiting for this day but now that it had arrived, i wanted to run away from the reality. I didnt want to go.  

I said, "Aashi bass bachche, aise ni rote. Main har week aa jaaya krunga na".  

Ayesha, my sweet little sister. She is 2 years younger to me and i love her so very much.  

We went out to the living room where mumma was arranging dinner on the dining table. I said, "Mumma! dekho na, aashi mujhe senti kar rhi hai." Looking at Mum, i noticed she cried too. She was very sad and said nothing. I couldnt see everyone like that. I announced, "Yaar! Main nahi jaunga ab kahi" and stormed into my room, slammed the door hardly and sat on my bed with my head down. I was feeling so low. Daddy came to me and sat beside me. He patted on my back. He consoled me and told me many things in favour of going to Delhi for studies.  

Thats what parents do, they are sweethearts. Earlier Daddy opposed my decision of going to Delhi, but now, he was consoling me by telling the good things about Delhi's education.  

I had that Man-to-Man conversation with him and i felt better. He made my mood a lot better and took me outside to the dining table.  

We had our dinner, i tried cracking some Pjs to make them laugh, Aashi just smiled at few of them. Then i wished mum dad n aashi, good night and went to have some sound sleep. The next day was huge for me. I checked my phone as i wanted to set the alarm. I noticed 5 messages and 3 missed calls from Rahul (My bestie).  

I called him back when i was greeted with, "Kutte! Kal jarha hai toh aaj baat bhi nahi krni? Subha se kahan gayb hai?"  

I said, "Bhai ghar pe hi tha. Packing mein busy tha. And tu ghar nahi aa skta tha?"