Warmth

Come with me, my love, to the sea, the sea of love. I wanna tell you... how much I love you. Do you remember when we met? That's the day I knew you were my friend. I wanna tell you how much I love you.

"It's so weird for me to see this actor playing a straight character."

"Haha, yeah."

"What's he called again?"

"Elliot Page."

"Elliot Page! Queer icon."

Tony stretched Allie's eyes widened and she could feel a blush creeping up her neck as she saw Tony's toes and fingers curl like a cat. Oh god she was so cute-

Tony turned onto her side, sighing contentedly. She felt very safe here. Allie's room was bigger than hers, but still cozy. Books lined the walls and paints and paintbrushes and pencils and scraps of paper and open sketchbooks lay on her wooden desk. The curtains were heavy and dark orange and cast the room in a fiery glow and there were Polaroids and pieces of art pinned all over the walls, which were papered with yellow flowers and hummingbirds. Her bed was double and very warm, with cushions and throws making snuggling almost impossible to restrain from.

Tony looked from the TV, where the film 'Juno' had just started playing, to Allie. She was lying on her back with one arm behind her head and her legs bent up and her hair swirling around her. She wasn't wearing eyeliner or jewellery but to Tony her face glowed. Where Tony lay beside her, on her side, her legs curled under her, she could see Allie's stomach and chest at eye level.

Suddenly a wonderfully exciting and equally terrifying thought gripped Tony.

Slowly she reached out and placed her hand on Allie's stomach. Her own did a back flip. She felt Allie stiffen at her touch, but only for a moment, and after a slight hesitation, Allie put her own hand on top of Tony's, and squeezed it.

If I was a flower growing wild and free, all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee. And if I was a tree growing tall and green, all I'd want is you to shade me and be my leaves.

Allie's face was burning and her mouth was dry and her palms were slick with sweat but it didn't matter because Tony was lying on her bed and they were watching a cute film and she was holding her hand.

Allie smiled.