A Christmas Present

MAYBE CHRISTMAS IS TRULY A WONDERFUL FESTIVAL

Erza Scarlet, Fairy Tail's infamous Titania, was listening to 'Simply having a wonderful Christmas time' by Paul McCartney on the night of 24th December, X791, the Christmas eve at around 11:45 at night after a long evening of partying with her guildmates and finally coming back home.

As the song came to an end, a thought popped into the busy mind of the wizard. Did she ever have a wonderful Christmas time? Probably not. Because Christmas was the one festival, the mage truly despised, regardless in whichever way her teammate convinced her that it was the most wonderful festival and time of the year.

The ice wizard tried to convince her in every way possible that it was the most marvelous festival, but she despised it too much to even think about liking it.

Even the sword-yielding warrior had no idea as to why she disliked the festival so much. She just dislikes it, since she was a kid and up until now as an adult. She remembered once mentioning it to her best friend back at the Tower of Heaven too, but then too she didn't remember the reason.

Her friend tried his best to make her remember, since she wanted to know, but to no avail. They just figured maybe it was related to her life before the Tower, some unpleasant memory or event, but she was unaware as she was probably just a toddler back then.

Erza Scarlet tried her best to enjoy the festival and like it, but the feeling was just not coming to her as to like the festival. Therefore, in the end, she stopped trying to bother herself anymore in that matter. She just despised it, and it could not be helped. She drifted off to sleep while thinking.

It was a cold, snow covered morning in the town of Magnolia, when Erza Scarlet woke up to the sound of snowballs thrown on her window. She took a look at her wall clock hung just on the opposite wall of where her bed was located. It was 3 am in the morning.

Who the hell is throwing these snowballs in middle of the night? Don't you know that its NOT appropriate to wake anyone up in the middle of the night!? Did your parents not teach you this, dude? URGH! Let me sleep! Stop this noise!

Erza finally gave up on ignoring the snowballs and trying to sleep since it was truly disturbing and disgusting and decided to go and kill whoever was doing this.

Erza got up and knelt on her bed, facing the window. As soon as she opened the window, a snowball accidentally landed right on her face. Disgusted and pissed off, she wiped the snow off and looked down to give a lecture to whoever was doing this shit.

"What the he.....ll.....JEL-mmpfh!" Erza stopped short when another snowball was thrown on her face. After wiping this one also off quickly, she looked down again, only to see a blue-haired male putting a finger on his lips as a gesture to stay quiet.

Erza obliged and stayed quiet, but looked down and raised a brow, in a gesture to ask him what the hell was he doing there throwing snowballs at her window at 3am in the morning.

The male wizard then indicated Erza to come down, secretly and quietly. Erza, being Erza, definitely could not miss any kind of opportunity to meet her best friend once again, therefore hurriedly but secretly rushed down, re-quipping into a muffler and coat.

"What are you doing here at this time!?" Erza whispered-yelled, astonished and her breathing a little shallow.

"I'll tell you later. Just do as I say...if you trust me. Otherwise, just turn back and go inside, I will not bother you any longer." Was his reply. Erza nodded immediately, not even giving it a second thought because she trusted him blindly.

"Alright, then here. Tie this." Jellal Fernandes, the ex-wizard saint, gave his childhood friend a blindfold. Erza hesitated a bit, but tied it eventually almost immediately.