CASE 13 - Identity

"Where are you going?" Aliana asked Shannon as she stood up to take her bag. "Practice," Shannon answered, walking towards the front door. Shannon looked around the music room; she randomly pressed the grand piano's keys and later played a familiar melody using her right hand.

So you were the happiness I wanted to keep the most,

We were once so close to love.

I was so happy meeting you,

But I already lost the right to cry for you.

But I wish that in a sky I couldn't see,

You'd open your wings, meeting your destiny,

How lucky she is.

"Sorry for making you wait," Luciel came in putting his bag on the desk as he looked at Shannon who was staring blankly at the piano. "Are you sad because you can't play anymore?"

Shannon looked at him, she shook her head as she stood up to grab a random guitar in the room. "So you know the chords and you're familiar with them?" Shannon looked at him and nodded. He smiled at her. "What should I teach you then?"

"That song. The song you played."

Luciel looked at her as he plucked the guitar strings, "This?" A smile formed on Shannon's face as she watched him play the guitar. "Yes, that song." "You're not that good at plucking, that's what you need to focus on," he said as he watched Shannon play the pattern he taught her. "But you're a quick learner."

"You're learning the guitar?" Aliana asked, surprised. "Why, is there something wrong about that?" Fatima asked as they ate in the canteen. "It's just... random. Was it because...?" Shannon quickly looked at Aliana, giving her the signal not to say anything as they were with Fatima. "Whatever reason it may be, I hope you do well," Fatima said as she wished her good luck.

"A what?" Art asked Jenny as she stood in front of the class making an announcement. "This year's theme is Venetian masquerade. We get to wear masks like this to hide our identity," Jenny explained as she showed them an example. "Wow," Fatima commented as she smiled and clapped. "Of course, I'll help with the costumes, if you need me to. I'll gladly extend a helping hand."

"Excuse me, Mr. Apollo's looking for Luciel Park," A student came knocking on their class' front door. Shannon looked at Luciel as he stood up and walked out of the classroom. "How about you Shannon, what color do you plan to wear?" Jenny was asking Shannon who stared blankly. "Shannon?" Fatima called her attention. "Hey," Aliana lightly patted her forearm.

"He's the most talented in our music club, he definitely won't disappoint us," Apollo told Sheryll as they stood along the hallway to the back stage. "There you are. I know this is sudden, but can you do a quick intermission number? Just one song. The other speaker hasn't arrived yet, just to buy time," Apollo asked Luciel for a favor.

Luciel climbed up the stage as he slowly put the acoustic guitar on him and looked for his pick. He greeted the other members of the music club as he tuned and strummed the guitar strings. "Who will sing?" He asked them, still checking on the strings.

"I... think she will," the beatboxer answered, looking behind Luciel. Luciel turned around and saw Shannon walking towards him with a neutral expression.

He smiled at her, scratching his head as he held his pick. "I see you often," he said smilingly, his dimples showing. "I know right," Shannon answered as she walked to the mic stand.

"So what do you want to sing?" Luciel asked Shannon as he adjusted the guitar strap. She looked back at him.

"That song."