Chapter 4: I'm Sorry

Monday morning before school, Bayley went with the guys to take Kyle to the bus stop.

"So this is it then.. four weeks." Bayley said as Kyle took her hands.

"I'll be back before you know it." Kyle told her.

"You'll call me, right?" Bayley asked.

"Everyday." Kyle told her.

Bayley smiled up as him before he leaned in and kissed her. Adam stood back with Bobby and Roderick as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I love you." Kyle told her.

Bayley looked into his eyes with uncertainty.

"Yeah.. um, thanks." Bayley said awkwardly.

Kyle couldn't hide the look of disappointment on his face. He let go of Bayley's hand and waved goodbye to the guys. Adam watched Bayley with curiosity as Kyle finally got in the bus. Bayley smiled at him through the bus window. As Kyle's bus drove off, Adam walked up to Bayley's side.

"Well.. that was awkward." Adam said.

Bayley hurried her face in her hands in humiliation.

At school, everyone was sitting in first period when Becky walked in late. Seth, Roman and Dean all glanced at her as she sat down. Nikki looked back and noticed Sasha looked a little uncomfortable.

"Excuse me everyone, can I have your attention?" Principal McMahon asked as she entered the room.

Nikki watched her with confusion for a moment when she didn't see Artem.

"Mr. Chigvinstev has given me his resignation and it appears I will be filling in for the day." Stephanie told everyone.

"Resignation?" Nikki asked, not realizing how out of line she was.

Seth watched the look on Nikki's face and immediately felt guilty.

"He wouldn't just quit, that doesn't make any sense." Nikki tried to explain.

Everyone else in the class didn't seem too bothered by Artem's absence.

"I know he was a great teacher but unfortunately things didn't work out-." Stephanie began to tell Nikki.

"I have to go." Nikki said as she grabbed her things and rushed out of the room.

Seth chased after her, not realizing how wrong it looked for him to be concerned for his ex girlfriend. Roman glanced back at Becky for a moment as he came to a conclusion about her and Seth's argument from the day before. Seth followed Nikki into the bathroom where she broke down in tears.

"Nicole." Seth said.

Nikki looked at him with hesitance for a moment before throwing herself into his arms.

"This is all my fault, I'm so sorry." Seth said over her shoulder.

"What's your fault?" Nikki asked.

Seth looked into her eyes shamefully.

"I saw you with Mr. Chigvinstev at homecoming." Seth told her.

"You what?" Nikki asked.

"I told him to leave town or I'd call the police." Seth told her.

"Why would you do something like that?" Nikki asked.

"Because this is wrong, and I think you know that. He's your teacher, Nikki." Seth said.