Chapter 1

“Shut up!” Emily squealed. Her hands fanned her face in excitement.

“Be quiet, Em.” I hissed at her. Emily may be 16, but she had the immaturity of an 8 year old, but I guess that’s why she’s my best friend. Everyone at the food court was turning towards us as heat rushed to my cheeks in embarrassment.

“I can’t believe it! Oh my God. Oh. My. God. YOU LIKE AARON!” Emily cried out, again.

“Yes, shout it out any louder will you?” I groaned. She seemed to be taking this news better than I was.

“I’m sorry, I’m just. I can’t. You like Aaron! I knew this would happen. Best friends always fall for each other. I can guarantee you by the end of junior year you guys will be dating.”

“Theres only half a semester left.” I told her. Being a junior was super hectic, but I had my friends to guide me through it. Especially Aaron. Oh God, what am I even thinking? He’s my best friend, I can’t like him.

“So? It’ll work out, I’m sure of it. Hey, Julia’s coming here soon, by the way.” Emily replied, finishing off her sandwich. I nodded at her. She was pretty, heck she was beautiful. Her brown hair was tied into a messy bun and her eyeliner was perfectly winged. She had a fit, thin body, and it was no surprise her hazel eyes caught several guys attention.

And then there’s me. My black hair remained wavy no matter how hard I tried to straighten it. Julia - my other best friend, and Emily told me it looked fantastic on me, but I couldn’t believe them. My eyes are a dark shade of brown, and my height is average. I guess I inherited height from my parents. I have a somewhat ok body, but going to the gym is always at the bottom of my list. I was born an only child, which might explain why I am slightly spoiled, compared to Emily who has two 7 year old twins named Robbie and Will. They were cute, but it’s understandable why she finds them annoying. They were two very, very loud twins.

“Julia, over here!” I called out to my best friend. Julia, at first, is shy and quiet, but as we got to know her, she was a cheery, true hearted trustworthy girl who could make anyone’s day with her oscar smile. As Julia heard me, she turned to face me, her ponytail flinging to the side. She smiled the award winning smile as she saw us.

“Hey, girls.” she sat, sitting down.

“Hello. Soph likes Aaron.” Emily said, still munching on her chicken. Gross.

“Well, thanks Emily!” I shot back.

“Sorry.” she muttered, but I couldn’t hear her over the questions Julia was throwing at me.

“You do?! Since when? Why didn’t I know? Damn, I knew it!” Julia cried.

“You guys are taking this way worse than I am. And I don’t know, it just hit me. I spent my entire december break with him. What’s there not to like?” I sighed dreamily. Aaron Cooper was one of the cutest boys she’d known. He was a basketball player, and it fit perfectly with his height. When he smiled, dimples would appear on either side of his mouth. When he hugged her, the entire world stopped, and his brown hair would tickle her forehead. He knew everything about her, and she knew everything about him. How he was allergic to caramel and hated coca cola with a passion. How at night, he sleeps with his little koala bear. She knew so much about him, it was slightly unhealthy.

“Soph.” Julia said. I jumped.

“Sorry, what?” I replied.

“We were talking about how we should have a movie night together, with the boys?” Emily asked.

“Who does “the boys” include?” I said.

“Aaron, Jason and Luke. We can all meet up at my place next friday or go to the cinema. I heard “Love, Rosie” was a pretty great movie.” Julia spoke.

“I’m okay with that, I guess.” I smiled. A movie night with Aaron? Hell to the yes. Maybe something would happen. Oh my God, shut up Sophie. You’re getting way too obsessed. This is unhealthy.

Who knew you would end up liking the guy you’ve seen naked in the bathtub at the age of 6?

I didn’t.

A/N: Hellloooo! It’s been ages since I’ve updated. I was stuck on writers block with lifeguard because I couldn’t really think of how to continue it. Whereas, for this story, I have a lotttt of ideas! :D I can’t wait to share this story with you guys, I hope you enjoy it all. The next update should be in 3-4 days, until then loves. - Neverendingstoryxo

Also, apologies for the shortest chapter you’ve ever read in your life. This was just a welcoming chapter. The future ones will be super long :)