Basement

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Reader's Pov.

I jolted up and looked around. Luigi must've heard what I heard, because he was sweating and fearfully looking at the door. It sounds like something happened. I got up, and when I did Luigi jumped up to. "You heard that too?" I whispered to him. "Y-Yeah..sound like screaming..." I nodded and walked to the door. Me and Luigi walked out of the room and went down the hall. Everything changed from golden to dingy. When we got to the elevator, we saw Hellen, but she was transparent. Oh no...I felt a pair of hand hold on to my shoulders. I turn my head to see Luigi hiding behind me, trembling in fear. I feel bad, this was supposed to be a vacation, but instead it's a nightmare for him. "Well well well, if it isn't my most esteemed VIPs! I was on my way to check up on you two!" She approached slowly. "Why was there screaming?" I ask sternly. She just giggles. "I can barely contain myself, you've got no idea how long I've been waiting for you two to accept this invitation!" "Wh-Why's that...?" Luigi stuttered. I held onto one of Luigi's hands to calm him a little. No use. "You see, there is someone I TRULY adore, and he's the inspiration for my greatest ideas, such as invitating you here! I'm just a huge fan of his! That's why I'm proud to introduce him to you! That's right, it's none other than..." She lifted her arms up then jerked them down, revealing an old enemy, one that Luigi truly fears. "Mwahahaha! Surprise Luigi and (Y/N)! It'sa me, King Boo!" He mimicked Mario and Luigi's Italian accent. "That old coot had me locked up in his lab, but guess what? I GOT OUT! This hotel owner has been DYING to meet me, so she busted me out! Pretty lucky, huh?" He laughed with his purple tongue sticking out. Luigi's trembles had increase, almost making me tremble. "You know, I never thought you guys would show up, but I was ready, just in case. Actually my vengeance is nearly complete!" That grabbed my attention fast. "What do you mean, 'vengeance?'" I couldn't help, but ask. "I'm glad you asked! All of you will be trapped into frames!" He laughed out once again. "N-No..." Luigi softly mumbled. "There, there Luigi. It'll be all over soon! Time for a little family reunion! BOO-YAH!" Suddenly 5 portraits appeared, the 3 Toads, Peach, and Mario. I felt on Luigi's hands leave my shoulder and reach out. The portraits disappear as he does so. "Mwahaha! There's two more frames, of course for you and (Y/N)! Now stay still and put on your best faces!" He made two portraits appear. I grabbed Luigi's hand and ran to the end of the hall as King Boo trashed the hall and made the doors disappear. We hit a dead end. I look back at King Boo as he slowly approaches us. "(Y/N) I have an idea." Luigi whispers to me. "Ok, what is-" I was interrupted when I felt myself being pulled into the laundry shoot. I thought he was crazy, but after we fell through, there was no signs of the ghost. I suddenly hit something or someone and my vision went black.

Luigi's Pov.

I can't breathe!!! I thought as I desperately tried to get whatever was on top of me off. Then I felt like I was tipped over. I was able to see stuff again, and breathe! I see Polterpup trot around the basket I was in...wait..I look back in front of me to see (Y/N) unconscious!! I scrambled to her and held her close to me. She doesn't look hurt which is good..Polterpup started to lick her face. I feel her legs and arms move and she opens her beautiful (E/C) eyes. "H-Hey, are y-you ok?" I asked, hoping there wasn't any internal pain I didn't know about. She looks up at me and gives a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. You ok?" I nodded, and she sat up. I sighed in relief seeing that King Boo didn't follow us. I wonder why. We stood up and looked around. This was obviously a laundry room. But what floor is this? It might be the 3rd or 2nd floor, I'm unsure though. Things would come on randomly making me jump. Then I notice Polterpup was missing. He probably ran off. (Y/N) and I approached a door, supposedly the exit of this room, when out of nowhere, Polterpup jumped out of a pile of towels. It scared us both, mostly me, but (Y/N) jumped at it too. She laughed and pet the spectral dog. I shook my head and opened the door. I peeked out of the room and saw that the coast is clear. "C-Come on..everything looks clear.." I turn to (Y/N) who is now carrying Polterpup. We both walked out the door as Polterpup hops out of (Y/N)'s arms and run to a door. He jumps through it and we follow.

Reader's Pov.

We follow Polterpup what seems to be an underground garage. Polterpup then runs to an old red car and hops in it. Me and Luigi run after him and open the hood of the car. When we did, Polterpup jumpscared us once again, making Luigi jump and yelp. "Polterpup, don't scare us like that." I picked him up and again as I saw two strange looking machines, then I realized that they are. They were Poltergeists! But they look different. Luigi immediately grabbed them both and handed me one. "Man, never thought I'd have to use another one of these." Luigi says as he puts on his. I follow his actions. "Yeah, these look new though." I turn to him. "Wait a minute...this is Gadd's car! He's at this hotel!" Luigi jumps with excitement. But it was shortlived. "Wait...where could he be then...?" He asked, calming down and got a little anxious. I pat him on the back to reassure him that things will be ok. And with that, we headed to the first floor. We were going to use the elevator, but all the buttons are missing?! Except for one. The basement. So this is where we are. I then see a door with locks on it. I walked to it to investigate. My thumb slipped, making me flash my flashlight, but of all sudden the door unlocks itself and opens. Luigi turned around and smiled that adorable smile again. "(Y/N), you're a genius!" He exclaimed to me. "Heh, thanks. These look like stairs..most likely lead to the first floor." I tell him. He nods and we go up the stairs.