Maybe

Hazel got there before Louis did - he told her his name - because he got distracted by some girl who apparently needed his help in opening her locker.

"Third room to the left Hazel Jean," Louis called out, pointing at a door that read 'band room'.

Yeah, I figured.

She walked in slowly, trying not to be seen by the bunch of people inside but sadly they were all already facing the door, probably waiting for Louis.

"Erm, I'm looking for Harry?" she asked, realizing her (ex) step brother had certainly changed a lot the past few years because she couldn't recognize him.

One of the boys - the only blond in the group, she noticed - and apparently the only Irish one, spoke up.

"Yeah, he's 'ere. Who's askin' fer him?"

He looked nice enough so Hazel straightened up and answered: "I'm Hazel Jean-Winchester and he used to be my step brother."

The room went silent.

Then suddenly a tall, brown haired boy coughed; but it wasn't the kind of cough you'd get from a cold.

"Um yeah that'd be me."

Hazel blinked. There was no way this guy was the same one who'd fought with her over ice cream when she'd been 10.

Suddenly all her memories of them together came crashing back, and she realized they'd both changed in the few years after the divorce.

"Wow, Hazel, um...don't think me rude but what are you doing here? The last time I heard from you, you were in Manchester."

"Yeah well, you know my dad. Can't keep a relationship for more than a few years." she answered, sounding more bitter than she'd intended.

Slight irritation flashed across Harry's face at the mention of her dad. He'd never been on good terms with Hazel's father, partly the reason why their parents had gotten divorced. It showed what Mr Winchester was really like when he'd argued with a 12 year old - the age Harry had been when he'd moved into Hazel's Victorian mansion.

"Yeah, sadly I do. So how many has it been, since my mum?"

Suddenly aware of the people in the room all staring at her, waiting for an answer, she blushed. Louis, who'd walked in a few minutes after her, glared at the onlookers, and they averted their gazes. Hazel smiled gratefully at him, and he nodded in acknowledgment. Hazel cleared her throat before answering.

"Five. He's on wife number five now."

Harry raised his eyebrows, mocking being impressed.

"Kids?"

"Two. Jenny and Timothy. Jen's four, and Tim's ten. They're not entirely bad. Could've been worse," shrugged Hazel, flinching when the bell rang, announcing the start of fifth period. Harry looked up towards the bell reflexively, then looked back at Hazel. His eyes were beautiful.

"Well, I've got class now, but I'll see you around. Maybe come over sometime? Mum'd love to see you,"

Hazel smiled, and nodded.

"Sure."

"I'll leave my address in your locker - don't worry, I'll find it. It's been great seeing you, Hazel Jean."

With that, the brunette exited the room, followed closely by the two boys he'd been laughing with when she'd first walked in, who'd remained completely silent the past ten minutes.

Now, they both flashed quick smiles at her, before dragging two girls who looked to be their girlfriends out of the room too.

The room emptied within seconds, leaving her all alone with Louis.

Awkwardly scratching his neck, he gestured for her to exit first.

"Chivalry isn't dead yet, I see," she grinned, graciously stepping over the threshold. He grinned back, shaking his head.

"Later," he called after him, his blue eyes twinkling. Hazel smiled to herself, a new spring in her step.

Maybe Harry, and everyone else here wasn't that bad.