Chapter 4

Ragini was cooking in the kitchen when her phone rang.

"Maa, please could you bring my phone from the sofa? I'm busy in the kitchen."

"Wait a minute."

Ragini rolled her eyes and switched off the gas to see who was calling. She got shocked seeing the caller ID.

Agar maa ne dekh liya to phir se unhe pareshaan karegi.

She rushed to wash her hands.

"Maa, there's no need for you to come. I'll receive the call."

Just then her mom arrived and saw her phone. Before Ragini could reach, she accepted the call.

"Hi, Siddhant. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Is Ragini there?"

Janki raised her eyebrows.

"Oh... To aag dono taraf lagi hai." She mumbled.

"Did you say something, aunty?"

"Here I'm talking to you and you are asking about Ragini. And Ragini was also rushing to receive your call."

"Maa, don't start again. He must have called to discuss about the case."

"Actually aunty, I called to discuss about the case."

Ragini now snatched the phone. Janki mumbled in her ear.

"Vaise tum to abhi se uske man ki baat samajne lagi ho...."

"Ragini, I need to discuss with you about tomorrow's hearing at the court. So where should we meet?"

"There is a nice coffee shop near my house. Will it be convenient for you?"

"Sure, I'll be there in an hour."

"Okay."

############################

Coffee shop.....

"A latte for mam and a plain coffee for me."

"How do you know that I love latte?"

"I'm working on your case so I need to know everything about you and your background."

"Oh. Yeah."

Siddhant was explaining Ragini about what to speak and how to answer the questions being asked to her. But Ragini was busy staring at him.

Kaun manega ki ye koi Supermodel nahi balki ek Lawyer hai

Siddhant was busy seeing his files.