A New Beginning

she got a complete chatterbox for her flight mate just what she needed at the moment,this was her first time on a flight ,international one at that and she was quite nervous and contrary to her belief her luck for once was in her favor .As the flight picked up altitude he changed from her source of comfort to irritation,his constant talking became annoying to her unsettled heart and mind so she completely tuned him out after just few sentence of indulgence ,the only perk being she got the window seat .she was hundreds of feet above the ground thousands of miles away yet her mind still wandered to that small city ,to that good for nothing college except for her friends ,thinking of whom she had a suffocating feeling in her chest but the pain of that fateful day drowned all of her guilt. That day became catalyst for her nightmares keeping her awake for nights on end.

"Is my existence of no consequence to you vicky"

"Ishi just go away,it's not you,it's all me"

"you deserve so much more ishi ,i am sorry"

"vicky, am I that dispensable to you"

Silence

"don't leave me please" she started sobbing.

Ishi wakes up with a headache and a pounding heart. she had slept for two hours, it was the longest since that day. she knew it wasn't his fault and she wasn't blaming him either she had just finally given up after all those years of trying so hard and dammn did it hurt ,it hurt like hell.Although she didn't blame him she blamed herself despite knowing for a fact that it definitely wasn't her fault but tell that to her overactive mind who had a fetish for overthinking but she was a fighter not to be trifled with .Yes she was broken ,broke but she will fight for her place and emerge victorious .If only she had known what was waiting for her,what price she would have to go pay to achieve that place she might not have ever escaped from her self created prison. As her destination approached she had only one thought in her mind 'although I am not a good singer or writer my life's melody would be worth remembering'.

Now that i recall the past her life was really one heck of a story,not the kind you tell your children(s) or even grand children(s) for that matter to encourage them to leave your home,city and even country at mere age of eighteen in India .The courage she had was one of a kind and deserving of the respect she sparked and still does.