Family Dinner

Beyonce POV

"So when are we leaving? I'm starving Bey," my younger sister, Solange said as she placed her feet on my office table. Since she was out of her university, NYU she was interning in my company in the marketing department for the summer.

"Give me a couple of minutes. I'm almost done," I said typing on my laptop, wrapping up some things.

"Come on Beyonce, you are the CEO. You are technically your own boss so let's go," she continued whining.

She was right though, I am my own boss but I just hated leaving my work unfinished. This time around,I wasn't just finishing my work, I was also stalling. My parents invited me to dinner and I know that they will want me to be involved in some church stuff and also talk about my love life.

Solange came up to me and sat on my lap then wrapped her arms around my neck, "Bey, let's go," she said pouting her lips. Goodness knows how she can still pull off those cute puppy dog eyes at the age of 18.

"Alright," I said kissing her cheek. We got out of my office and headed off to my apartment to change then went back to my parents house for dinner.

***

"You know, the church is looking forward to your donation," my dad enthusiastically said as he ate his vegetables on his plate. My father was the preacher to the local Catholic church. For as long as I could remember my father was the preacher and was very strict.

"How much is the amount?" I said sipping my water.

"Its $50,000 honey," my dad said.

I almost choked to death hearing that amount. Just because I had a multimillion dollar company and other small business doesn't mean I can take out money whenever I pleased. "That's a bit high daddy. Why don't I donate $20,000?" I said.

My dad shot me a quick glare,"Beyonce Giselle Knowles," he started. I braced myself for a scolding, "How could you? After what we have done for you? We fed and clothe you your entire life. You are donating that money whether you like it or not," he spat.

I mentally rolled my eyes hearing him say all that. That's what he always does, he pulls out the same old 'I fed and clothe' shit. That shit an fair. Next thing, his gonna pull out the 'I pulled a lot of strings for you to get to Harvard' bullshit.

"I pulled a lot of strings for you to get to Harvard. The least you can do is donate that $50,000. Do you really want me to be the laughing stock of the church? Is that what you want?" He continued as he gave me a look of exasperation from across the table.

My mom and Solange would obviously sense the tension between us,"I will donate the money," I said lowly. It was no use arguing with my dad because he always brought up the Harvard shit and my mom always supported him. On the other hand, Solange had no say because she was considered young.

"Enough about that now," my mom finally uttered something. "Beyonce, when must we expect our future son-in-law?" She continued smiling.

Here she goes again. We can never have a family dinner without my mother mentioning my love life.

"Still loading mama," I said causing Solange to bust out laughing. "What are you laughing at missy?" I directed to Solange. She shrugged and went back to feasting on her food.

"You trying to tell me that mama also noticed them cobwebs on that thang?" Solange said cackling and nudging me on the side.

Mama knocked her upside the head,"Solange! Mind your language," mama said with furrowed eyebrows. "For your punishment, you are gonna have to clear up the dinner table and do the dishes," she continued talking to Solange.

It was nice to see that I was no longer the centre of attention at the dinner table. I just couldn't wait to go back at my apartment and call it a day. The following day I had to meet and welcome my new sales manager and had to attend a few meetings.