I've been thinking...

As we sat in the taxi back to my apartment, I was still a little lost for words – that or I just didn't even need to say anything... Oli had definitely pulled on my heartstrings by taking me to the 'lovers' bridge and walking across it with me. I still wondered whether he was implying something by taking me there... I mean, the first time we went there, I told him about how you can't walk over it without someone you love, so did that mean that he walked over it with me because he loved me?

We sat quietly as we darted through traffic back to my apartment in midtown, but the silence wasn't awkward, it was more like just a 'happy to be in your presence' one while my head rested on his shoulder and his fingers sat intertwined with mine in my lap. "I need to get some groceries on the way to your apartment." Oli said softly, breaking the silence as I lifted my head to look at him. "I want to cook dinner for you." he said softly with a little smile. "It won't be as good as a fancy restaurant, but I thought you'd like the effort more than the product." he said. My heart melted instantly, he was right... the effort meant more than any amount of money he could spend wining and dining me at a fancy restaurant. "You're so cute." I said, raising my face up and kissing him. I asked the driver to drop us down the street from my place at a whole foods. We went inside and I picked up some odd things while he bought his stuff – mostly vegetables, though I wasn't allowed to look. We grabbed a bottle of wine and some beer on the way home too. I was excited to see what he was going to make.

I held onto his arm as we walked back to my apartment and watched him unpack the groceries once we were home. He ordered me to sit on the other side of the counter when I tried to help... apparently I wasn't allowed to do anything, I was only allowed to watch – and drink wine while I did.
"I didn't know that cooking was one of your talents." I said, surprised that he looked so comfortable in the kitchen.
"I would hardly call it a talent, but I can kind of cook." he replied, amused at himself. God it was so cute that he was even attempting to cook me dinner. I didn't care if it was terrible, or burned, or anything else... the thought was all that mattered. "I mean I'm not going to poison you or anything... but spaghetti and beans on toast are my only real specialties." he said with a laugh at himself. He was utterly adorable and it took all of my willpower to stay around my side of the counter and not go and jump on him... It had been three weeks since we'd been together and he was being so damn cute.

Our date had been in a way, more serious than we usually were together... we didn't really joke around, but I guess it was just because it was more of a meaningful, planned day rather than us just 'hanging out'. We talked about things that were more serious like work and plans and I loved that he had that 'real life' serious side to him – but when he was in his cheeky, goofy mood like he was again now, I loved him even more.
"You're such a dork." I said without thinking as I sat there watching him chop up vegetables.
"You like dorks." he replied, pausing his chopping to look at me.
"Yeah I guess I do." I said. He put his knife down and leant over the bench to kiss me. I didn't know how long dinner was going to take, but something about him standing there cooking for me was so sexy. It had been three weeks since we were together and I can't deny that I'd missed the intimacy, so having him there again made me want him badly. I just had to not think about it.

I sat there watching him, admiring him, thinking how crazy it was that he was in my apartment and we were doing 'normal' things... that and how long it had taken to get to this point of being together in the way that we were. I know we weren't official but to me, it felt as though we already were.

"Are you trying to think of a way to get out of eating this?" Oli asked with a laugh, breaking me from my daydream. I laughed as he motioned toward the food. I guess he saw how lost in my thoughts I was.
"Of course not. It's just cute that you're in my apartment cooking for me, that's all." I replied. He smiled as he scooped up the now diced vegetables in his hands and tossed them into a frying pan.
"Are you excited to come on tour with me in a couple of days?" he asked as he stirred the veges around and they sizzled in the pan from the heat.
"Oh my god, Yes! I can't wait!" I said with excitement. "I can't wait to see you guys play again. I never told you this, but it's so hot when you're screaming and telling the crowd to fuck off, and being all angry." I admitted with a big smile. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows with a smile like he was shocked.
"And here I was thinking you liked me for my sensitive side!" he chuckled, still stirring.
"Let me tell you something..." I said, ready to divluge a little insight to him. "Do you know why all the girls like you?" I asked. I continued without giving him a chance to answer. "Because inside you're sweet, and you're kind of shy and awkward... but you look naughty as hell." I admitted with a smile. He looked over at me with a strange expression, so I explained myself more. "I mean you look like a bad boy and all girls like bad boys, but we don't really want bad boys." I informed him. He laughed and looked over again. "I'm being serious! You look like trouble, but you're actually the sweetest... like people could say that you look scary, like you'd be an asshole, but you're actually so lovely. So you're the best of both worlds." I said with a smile.
"I can't believe you said I'm awkward!" he laughed. Of all the things I had just said about him, I found it so funny that was the part he had focused on.
"You know you're like that too though... but reversed." he said flicking his eyes away from his vegetables quickly. "What! Awkard?" I exclaimed.
"Nooooo..." he quickly said. "You come across as such a good girl, well at least you always did to me. Like back in London and we were playing all those never have I ever games and stuff, you seemed so innocent..." he said. "But as soon as we got together, let's be honest, you're naughty!" he said with laughter. I opened my mouth in fake offence. "I bet you've been sitting there this whole time thinking about what's happening after dinner!" he added. I couldn't help but laugh, and also blush since he was right. "You know that saying; lady in the street, freak in the sheets?" he laughed. "That's you... best of both worlds." he added.
"I do not know what to say." I said. I was kind of embarrassed but also amused because I guess it was true.
"Don't get me wrong, I can't stop thinking about after dinner too... but it's funny cus girls usually aren't as into it." he quipped. "Not that I'm complaining!" he added.
"I blame your tattoos." I said trying to at least explain why I was like that with him. "Well, I guess it's the whole thing... you just excite me." I admitted with a laugh. I saw his face go a little red at the compliment. "You're just sexy as hell." I said coyly.
"Ok, ok... I think we need to change the topic until after dinner." Oli said with a smirk like he was getting sexually frustrated, turned on or a combination of both.
"I have told you this already, I think we have a problem." I chuckled.
"Well, it's a problem I like having." he said, still with a huge smirk on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked around the bench to him. "Do you want a beer?" I asked as I put my arms around his waist and hugged him from behind.
"Sure." he replied as I reached over and stole a piece of carrot he'd left on the chopping board.