I kept attending my lectures and Tony kept doing his thing; he had not brought any girl to the room, thankfully. I had successfully been able to avoid him for the whole weekdays.

I spent most of my time in the library and when I returned, he was either away or asleep. Today was an exception. It was Friday and as usual, I came back to the room tired for I had exhausted all my time in the library. 

I walked into the room, took a shower, cooked some noodles and then laid on my bed to sleep when the door opened and Tony came in.

"Scholar, are you sleeping? For Friday night?"

"And why shouldn't I?" I was puzzled.

"Friday night is for flexing na. Don't you get?"

"I do understand. Friday night is for enjoyment and that is what I'm doing now. I'm sleeping earlier than I do on a normal day." I replied him.

"That one is not enjoyment. That one is normal day experience. See, there's this party going on in a frathouse. You should come."

"I'm sorry I can't. I'm not the party type."

"And why is that?"

"I don't know. I don't just like those kind of parties."

"Have you ever attended one?"

"No!"

"Then how can you conclude when you've not been there before. At least, you should go first; only then would you conclude if you like it or not."

"I know what it's like and I don't like it. So much noise, too much drinking." I shivered. "I like my space and my quiet."

"So you like leading a boring life?" He smirked at me.

"I'm not. It's not boring to me. Not every one likes wasting their time on foolish things." I fired. I was already getting angry.

"Hey! Going to party isn't being foolish."

"Oh yeah? Tell me about it. Wasting your time drinking, dancing and finally coming back home wasted is very very wise."

Tony scowled at me and I almost thought, he would pounce on me. I could see his knuckles tightening as he stared at me. I knew that I had crossed the line.

I was relieved when he walked into the bathroom instead and I heard the sound of the shower. I sighed. Just one week of spending time together, we were already at logger head. We just couldn't agree on one thing; I knew that for sure. I and Tony were contrasting magnet that could never join.

I watched as Tony walked out of the bathroom; clad with a white towel wrapped around his waist, to his wardrobe; pulling out a shirt and trouser.

I felt the urge to apologise but then, what did I do wrong? What I said was the truth and like the saying says, the truth is bitter. If we were going to live together, he had to start accepting the truth for that was what he was going to be hearing.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out finally.

"There's no problem. It's normal." He replied me while buttoning his shirt. "But you should still come for the party just to try, and if you don't like it, then you can do what you like."

"I'm sorry I can't." I sighed. "We have a group study tomorrow. I need to get enough sleep this night to prepare for tomorrow."

"Scholiloo! Scholar. I want to be like you when I grow up o." He laughed and I smiled a little. His phone vibrated and he looked at it.

"Alright then, I'll get going. My friends are here. See you tomorrow." He said and I nodded. "You're coming with me next Friday to a party. You know you owe me?" He opened the door.