Lightning Tribulation

Leaving the Konzern was actually much easier than expected. She just waiting for everyone to fall asleep and left in the dead of night with her keys in a chain around her neck and a bag on her back.

She didn't bring much, just the essentials. An extra pair of clothes, a blanket, a first aid kit, a fire starter, a lamp, some bug repellent, food and water. She was planning on camping it out in the wild for at least a while, so she managed to get her hands on a small camping tent.

This world was very surprising, while it had magic and dragons it also had a very modern lifestyle. It was a mix of fantasy and reality that made it all the more extraordinary.

She travelled through the woods for the first two days without stopping, much of that time running at full speed while enhancing her leg muscles with Ethernano every so often. She wanted to put as much distance between herself and the biological father of her body as possible.

She survived in the wilderness using the knowledge she had from her past life, and what she had learned since awakening in this world. The books she had read about the fauna and flora helped her avoid poisonous plants, while avoiding the tracks of dangerous animals.

She called her spirits often. She called Aquarius the first time she encountered a river. Let's just say that the mermaid nearly drowned her for interrupting another date, and for running from home like a miscreant. After pointing out that she was about to be sold like a brood mare the spirit calmed down enough to agree that escaping was probably Lucy's best bet.

Time passed quickly when one is having fun, which she was. She traveled for a few hours every day, but other than that she did whatever she wanted. Most of the time that she was free she trained her body, mind and magic. She was still a child, she had to be able to defend herself or she would be easy prey. But other than that, she played around with her spirits.

With Lyra, for example, they changed her wardrobe completely. The spirit bought fabrics from the spirit realm and together they came up with a style that not only suited the new her, but also was vastly different from what Lucy wore.

She now wore a white kimono jacket that was loose around her shoulders, and was tied together by a red cord around her waist. Beneath she wore red shorts, that gave her enough mobility to kick easily. The outfit was complemented by a pair of long white socks that reached over her knees and a pair of red boots. After much thought, she asked Cancer to change her eye color to red- if she was playing the albino she might as well go all out.

She felt like she was cosplaying, but she liked it. She didn't look anything like Lucy and it made her feel safe. Safe that she wouldn't be brought back to marry some fat slob, safe that she would be free. The only thing was still linked her to Lucy Heartfillia was the name Lucy, which was why she decided to change it to Lucia. She could still be Lucy, the names meant the same thing, but it would be her name. Not the name of the child whose body she stole and possibly killed, but hers.

For now, that would do.

_

Lucia, she had started calling herself that now, had spent the past six months in the wilderness. She hadn't seen anybody since she had left the Konzern, other than a few magical creatures that tried to eat her and her spirits. Which was why she was a bit perplexed with the past few hours of her life.

It all started when she was taking a nap on top of a tree branch and was nearly struck by lightning. Now, a normal person wouldn't take a nap in the middle of a storm and while she wasn't that normal, she definitely wasn't stupid to do such a thing. When she went to sleep the sky had been clear, not a cloud in sight.