Part 2

It’s too bright. She can’t seem to open her eyes yet she can feel the soft wind touches her face, smell the presence of fresh air surrounding her. All of a sudden, Ava feels a slight push from something and she opens her eyes for the first time. Josh is still standing right next to her, looking anxious. He must have been overwhelmed by what has been happening. And that moment, Ava looks in front of her; the intense gLanam that stopped her from looking is the first beam of a new dawn. And she was right about the winds, there are gusty winds following by some softer breezes. There they are, standing in the middle of a garden which has a wood fence around it instead of the usual green fence raised that she often sees. The grass and wildflowers grow high, nearly touch her knees and she supposes the owner deliberately wants so. To the right, there’s a small well, whose right side stood an apple tree. The other side of the garden, however, is flooded with roses and patchwork of perennials. But what she can smell is not the smell of roses but the smell of...

-Lavender! – Ava says and she can see further away from where they are standing, on the other side of the fence, there are beds of lavenders growing strongly. She feels so familiar and close to all of this – This is heaven...

Before Josh even makes a word sounded, someone is approaching because they could take notice of the sound of a door closed and of the quick footsteps. The shadow shows clearer and it seems to be a middle aged man. He stands clearly in front of them and bows formally. Dressed in starched white shirt with a stiff detachable collar, with a black bow, waistcoat and tails, he looks exactly like what butler in all those period movies Ava saw.

- Sir... you are back? – He says with his utmost cheerful and surprising tone - Mrs. Bason claims to have seen you coming back but I didn’t believe. You know, her eyes often play tricks on her. And in the letter you sent, you claim to be back no earlier than Thursday and it’s only Tuesday today.

Josh gazes blankly at the man with his mouth dropped open.

- Sir... Mr. Fernald? ...Master? – The man seems to be astonished himself. He turns to Ava to ask for justification – Miss Fernald?

- Wha... what did you just say? – Ava mumbles while her fingers unconsciously twitch against each other – Fernald?

- Yes miss, the Fernald family. Mr Joshua Martin Fernald and you are his sister, Miss Ava Evelyne Fernald. And I am your butler, Frank Pritz.

-Woaaaa... – Ava steps back and nearly falls. Josh quickly holds her firmly. The butler doesn’t understand a thing; Josh could see the confusion and doubts all over his face. Ava is still shaking uncontrollably. He turns to the butler, carefully chooses his words, he says:

- Mr.Pritz, my sister doesn’t feel well, she would like to feel the fresh air for a little more. Could you go and tell.... and help prepare the room for her to rest? We shall be in a moment.

Mr. Pritz gives another bow then walks away. Before that, he doesn’t forget to take another look at the way they are dressing. Only when the butler disappears behind the door, Josh turns to Ava

- What is going on here?

Ava stutters, trying to arrange her thoughts before saying any word

- Fernald... brother and sister... I.I... I should have known this is my dream after all.

- What are you talking about? – Josh asks. Ava finally finds the strength to stand on her own feet again. She looks at the house. It’s an old, traditionally built 2 floors detached house in England long ago. It does have the new and modern touch to it to fit in with the year 2012, yet the basic characteristics are undeniable: the brick colour and the wooden doors and windows.