My codename's 'Thief', will you let me steal your heart? Prologue

This is a story I kind of created during my daydreamings and I have been developing its plot for quite a while already and so I decided to write it down here in wattpad. Hope you guys find it interesting. Thank you.

XoxO -kim-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My codename’s ‘Thief’, will you let me steal your heart?

Prologue

Clik clak. Clik clak. Clik clak.

That is the only sound that can be heard on the crowded hallways.

The sound of heels connecting with the wooden vinyl floor.

MY heels.

And no one dare to voice a complain.

It sounds creepy that even though there are at least 20 people walking at the hallways, it is unbelievably quiet.

They are like ghosts floating in the air. But in reality, they’re not. It just shows the fruit of their hard work.

As I pass everybody, I held my head high as they stopped for a moment to look at me. Some are gawking at me. Some are looking at me with respect. While some look at me with envy.

I recognize a few but I didn’t smile at anyone. I kept my face businesslike, keeping my calm but hard demeanor.

This is my perfect fake self that took me almost a year to perfect. Underneath my stone face hides my true emotions. My weak and vulnerable self.

The TRUE me.

I didn’t bother knocking on the door with the label Chief Executive Officer.

The office is more like a penthouse rather than a simple office. And inside, I was greeted by the secretaries and the best of the best employees that I need to meet today.

I continued walking towards the large table. As I plopped down on the seat, I faced them with a serious face.

“We have a mission.”