Chapter 1 - The nightmare of the past

My codename’s ‘Thief’, will you let me steal your heart?

Chapter 1 – The nightmare of the past

Callia’s POV

Before I start the story of my very complicated life, let me introduce myself first. My true name is Callia Lily Flinders. Actually I don’t know my true surname. That surname was only given to me by my adopted father. I go by the nickname of Callia or Callie but I also have another name.

My code name.

Thief.

Ha, funny codename I know. But I was labeled like that because as I went on missions, they noticed my amazing thievery skills. They also realized that if I want to get something, I can get it no matter what. No exceptions. Because the word impossible does not exist on my spy vocabulary.

Yes, I just said SPY. That is one part of my complicated life. I’ll tell you what is my other part later on.

If you must know, my true name is confidential and only people with level 12 clearance or higher knows my true identity. It is essential that I always go by my code name ‘Thief’ when going on missions. I cannot risk inflicting harm on my family.

Oh wait, I don’t have a family. I abandoned my ‘family’ 5 years ago when they betrayed me. After that I went into hiding and then I started a new life. A freaking dangerous life.

----------------------------------------FLASHBACK, 5 YEARS AGO----------------------------------------------------

I clearly remember everything that happened during that night.

I was sleeping peacefully at our bedroom when I heard the floor squeak a little followed by the door creaking faintly. And when I said our bedroom, it means me and my best friend since birth, Myles’ bedroom. I groggily looked up at my alarm clock and it says that it’s only 2 a.m. But…what is Myles doing outside at 2 a.m.? I sat up fully awake at my bed as I decided to follow her out of worry.

I walked, or more like tiptoed my way to follow her wherever she’s going into. I silently stalked her and I felt guilty on doing so, so I planned on going back to our room. But then I heard voices coming from the ballroom hall. Well now that is weird. Who the heck is using the room at 2 a.m.?

Well you know that quote that says, “Curiosity killed the cat” ? Well I definitely want to know what’s happening down there so I made my way towards the room. If only I knew that what I was about to discover that night would change my life, I would have went back to my room and remain oblivious to everything. Too bad I didn’t.

As I got nearer, the voice became louder and clearer and when I finally reached the door, a booming voice of a male rang at the room.

“Good evening to everyone who is present here tonight. Students shall continue with your combat classes but before that I want to call for a short meeting with my daughter’s case guardians so please step forward and the rest may go to their respective practices.” The man, who I recognized as my father, ordered. I was so confused with what is happening but I kept quiet as I continued eavesdropping on their conversation.

The so-called ‘case-guardians’ stepped forward as the others turned to leave them be. And guess who my guardians are?

My older brother Kite, my best-friend Myles, my ex-boyfriend Lake, my 3 other close friends Nish, Fae and Jay, and 2 more boys that I do not recognize. What the heck?

My mother also came into view and this time, she is the one who spoke up.

“So how is everything going on? Are you all making sure that Callia doesn’t suspect anything?” she asked.