prologue

„mely, what are you doin'? i've told you like hundred times! that's totally dangerous!" i heard my fathers voice through the wind and the sound of the waves.
when i was climbing on the ship mast, i always felt free. like nobody can told me what to do but myself. listening to the sea birds, the water and the feeling of the wind in my face is like heaven for me.
„i'm alright!", i screamed to my dad, grinning from above. he squeezed his eyes and looked to my uncle. „she‚ll never learn that, brother." he laughed and smiling up to me. „come on, melody! your father and me want to talk to you!"
while climbing down, i thought of what could've been so important. we were on the way to a mysterious land in the order of our king. i'm just the daughter of the second captain, so i had no idea what will await us in this far land. at first they didn't wanted to take me with them. some of the crew still thought that a woman on a ship means bad luck. But i'm not an ordinary, weak woman. I've never wore skirts, always trousers. I learned sword fight when I was in a young age and throwing knifes is my speciality. sure most of the people in town thought that i am weird but i could live with that.
„when we'll arrive Neverland, me and your father have to go to the island...alone.", said my uncle when I was standing in front of them.
„wait..why?" i was looking at my father, which was staring at the horizon. „because the king gave us orders. and if we take you with us..." he didn't needed to end the sentence.
a little bit anxious i stared at a part of the crew on the ship. while the captains are around, they would've never done anything to me, but now? this trip would take hours. hours in which i was alone.
„what if...i come with you...on the island! you can do your..order.. and I can...discover some things there!"
my father looked at me, angry and surprised. „you really think that I'll let my 16 year old daughter go on an undiscovered island? alone?"
No. of course not.
„all right, Dad. I'll stay here..",I murmured and my uncle put a hand on my shoulder, before go checking out the map in the captains room again.

my dad looked at me without saying anything for some seconds. „is my daughter scared to being alone here?" he asked and smirked.
I stared at my used shoes. „maybe...a little.", i answered quietly.
my father smiled. „nobody will harm you here. and if they do, I'm gonna kill ‚em."
I had to laugh and looked up to my fathers eyes. But i saw something in his eyes. something which wasn't normal while he smiled...like fear? i couldn't reconize it.

one and a half hour later.
like always when i didn't had anything to work or help, i was lying in my bed, reading a book which my dad gave me before we got on this adventure. it was about a far land where there was no magic at all. the people which lived there had to fight against enemies which had magical powers. i was always surprised how the good ones always won the wars. but in my opinion the good and bad is relative to everyone and everything.
i was just staring out of my window when a man screamed „the captain is back!"
without a doubt of the fact that they said the trip would've taken at least 3 hours, i've ran on deck.
but there were no captains. not my uncle nor my dad, but almost the whole crew, which were staring at me.
i turned around and saw how a man stood in front of the door to the suites where I've came from.
„what's happening here?", i asked and wanted to cover the fear in my voice.
„the captains gave us an order before they got on the island.",said the strongest of the crew and took a step in front of me.
an order? why would've gave my father or my uncle an order for...me?
„what order?" now i couldn't hide my tremble in my voice.
some of the men laughed and i constantly took a step back. but the man in front of the door pushed me in the middle of the crowd again. what the hell was happening here?
„you are a burden. for us, the crew. but also for the captains themselves."
no. that cannot be real. dad would've never told them something like that.
But i couldn't answer anything.
„how did your father say it...like.." the man named zachary grinned and turned around to his fellows. „..throw this girl out of the ship so we can celebrate our victory after we'll arrive!", he imitated my father's voice.
that couldn't be real.
the fact that i still couldn't say anything let the men laugh.
„we don't know why he didn't do this by himself! we think because he was too weak to tell it his own daughter!"
i felt how something broke in my chest. it can't be real. it can't be real. it can't...
„my father would've never told you this order!",i said with tears in my eyes.
the crew laughed again and Zachary came closer to me. „but he did, you fool. and now, on the plank! the sharks here will be happy to have somethin' to eat!"
two other crew members held my arms so i couldn't move. „no! no! please!", i screamed, but the crew just grinned more and more. „please! i didn't do anythin.."
they pushed me on the plank and i almost fell off it. i turned around, staring at the crew. „please..", i whispered. the cold breeze made me shake.

„it's the order of the captain."
he stood on the other end of the plank, i lost the balance and fell of it, in the deep, cold, blue ocean.