Prologue

It was december 28th 2009. Zacky woke up late on that day as he and his bandmates were partying hard at The Wedding of a Friend of the band. „Wow! What a party that was! Jimmy was so hammered, how is his heart gonna take this?“ he thought. Even Matt came to him telling him „Dude, You’re really fucked up now" but he just answered „That's not a good thing, is it?“

Jimmy seemed to have the time of his life. He was partying hard, drank a lot and spent hours sitting at The piano, playing and singing at the top of his lungs. The sun started coming out as they went home.

Lots of thoughts about Jimmy was storming Zackys head, he didn’t even see a reason why those thoughts were there at this time. Him leaving a party wasted was a regular thing, nothing weird on it.

Thoughts about his Cocktail Party, about a week and a Half ago were running through his mind. Everything seemed odd on this day. The pouring Rain even though it rarely rains in California. Jimmy didn’t drink a single drop on that day, normally he always drinks a lot on Zackys cocktail Partys. Everyone Got drunk, just Jimmy stayed sober like a judge.

Even After everyone left, Jimmy stayed with Zacky, having a great Time writing some stuff for the upcoming Album and playing some music and simply enjoying themselves. It took until aproximately 3 or 4 in the morning until he said „Ok, I Think i'll head home now.“ It was still pouring. Zacky offered him to stay over night but Jimmy refused.

After leaving The house it took just a few seconds until he called Zacky saying „Hey dude, i left my jacket on your Coat reack.“ Zacky told him „dude just turn around, come Grab it.“ But he declined „Nah, Nah, don’t even worry about it.“ He didn’t even accept The offer of bringing it The next day.
The jacket was still hanging on the Coat Rack untouched and it wasn’t just any jacket. It was his favorite jacket. The one he would never leave the house without but now he didn’t even want it back.

Actually, The whole months of december seemed unnormal. Jimmy wrote music all the time, came up with nearly the whole album. He has never written this much before and where were those times they would get distracted, not getting anything done, which was the usual way?
And that song, he handed in just 2 days ago? He wrote it all by himself.  He called it death and The lyrics and his voice were simply haunting and why did he tell Matt it was his Last ever Song?

Now I think I understand
How this world can overcome a man
Like a friend we saw it through
In the end I gave my life for you

Gave you all I had to give
Found a place for me to rest my head
While I may be hard to find
Heard there's peace just on the other side

Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn
Under my skin
Let it burn

Left this life to set me free
Took a piece of you inside of me
All this hurt can finally fade
Promise me you'll never feel afraid

Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn
Under my skin
Let it burn

I hope it's worth it
Here on the highway, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you
So tell everybody
The ones who walk beside me, yeah
I hope you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight

I hope it's worth it
What's left behind me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you
So tell everybody
The ones who walk beside me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight

Zacky also remembered The words Jimmy once told Brians dad, at the young age of 15 years. He said he knew two things. First that he's going to be in a famous Band, which came true and second that he's  going to die before he's 30. He's 28 that's just two years until 30. Has he been feeling that He's not going to be around much longer?

Thoughts over thoughts, questions over questions. But why now all of a sudden. There are thousends of hours he could be thinking about everything but why are those thoughts all coming now? He just didn’t understand.

Until he was torn out of his thoughts by his ringing phone. It was Matt calling. „Why is he calling now? Has Jimmy presented him new ideas for the album and Matt needs to Show it to us? Wouldn’t even be weird since Jimmy has been a walking idea The whole month of december.“ Zacky questioned towards himself as he answered The phone „Hey Matt, what's up?“ but Matt didn’t Sound as excited as Zacky. Matt's voice made the Impression that he‘s been crying. „Jimmy was found dead in his house.“

There they were, those disastrous words leaving Zacky in shock and devastation. „I'm coming over" was all he brought out before ending The call, grabbing his jacket and leaving The house to head over to Matt. The view of Jimmys favorite jacket hanging on Zackys coat rack made his eyes fill with tears.