Chapter 4: Lunch Time

~Eren's POV~

I smiled back at Mikasa hoping to increase her spirits. We ran like there was no tomorrow and made it to class, barley late.

~Armin's POV~
CLANG CLANG CLANG!!! After my first four periods of classes it was finally lunch break. While exiting my last class I saw Eren and ran up to him.

"Hey Eren wanna eat lunch with me?" I asked politely.

"Why wouldn't I?" he replied.

"Oh ok,"I said slowly.

"Sooo how about this morni-" I said randomly.

"It was a dare, ok?! I saw Jean at the park yesterday and he said that if him, Mikasa, I were in the same class we would have to do that!" he cut me off by saying.

"Oh I was just trying to start a conversation," I said slightly before bursting out laughing. He started laughing too. We arrived at the lunch area but there were no completely empty tables. Eren and I decided to sit with two eighth graders that seemed as if they were dating.

"Umm hi,"I said,"I'm Armin Arlet. What are your names?"

"Why does it matter to you, brat?" the male eight grader said. He was kind of emotionless and looked to be 5"3ish.

"Don't be like that Levi,"the second eighth grader said.

"I'm Petra Ral and this here is Levi Ackerman." Petra said with a bright smile.

"Yeah...sure," Eren said sarcasticly.

"Eren!" I scolded.

"Jeez nice to meet you,"Eren replied.

"Tch. Typical sixth grader," said Levi. After that we all ate our lunch in silence. Awkward silence. I tried to re-break the ice multiple times but failed.

~Mikasa's POV~

After all the things that had happened earlier in the day Eren ignoring me brought real shock. I thought maybe it would be different but I was mistaken. I decided it would be best to eat lunch by myself today to better my situation, so I did. While I was in the middle of eating I heard footsteps behind me. I dared not look back and let the situation play out. At the bottom of my heart I truly hoped it was Eren but when they spoke I knew exactly who it was, and I was not Eren. Not at all. To be continued. . .
_____________________________
I'm really excited to write the next chapter and I had a great time wrighting this one. XD I also am really excited for Petra and Levi to be in my story now too! ^-^ (Sorry for all you Hanji x Levi lovers XC) I'm on vacation now so expect future updates soon. -KawaiiKristaLenz