A Lil' Dirt Won't Hurt: Another Barn Day (pt.3)

Just a little side note: This is the same day as the last two chapters. This one day is just drawn out over a few chapters bc a lot happens. Sorry about so much barn stuff, but it's the only thing I really know bc I don't participate in any other sports/recreational activities. 

-Koda

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Ryan's P.O.V***

It's been a long morning, but it's not any different from the others. We arrived earlier than we have been this past week. 

Today there's a kid here to help so we aren't as stressed about turning horses out constantly. She helps keep track and turns some out while the rest of us are busy with other things. Once there's a horse that goes out and they need extra time out of the stall, Alexa grabs her horse Deuce. Carly was helping her with her riding while Koda took Jag into the round pen by the Upper Shed. I shut the gate and Koda rides him around the rail, careful not to ride too fast. Jag can seem lazy, but that horse has energy like I've never seen. 

After a few minutes, Koda amps him up a bit. She turns him to face the rail a bit and kicks him with her right foot.

"Canter." She told the black Quarter Horse. "Canter."

Jag takes off in a surprisingly slow lope, circling the edge of the pen. 

"Good boy." She says when they stop after a few laps both ways. Koda pats him on the neck while I open the gate for her. Once they left the pen, I saw Tony leading Jack from the ring.

"Is anyone else going out here?" I asked.

"No sir. It's all yours." He responded, his southern accent showing clear in his voice. 

Koda rides into the ring and I shut the gate. I walk out to the middle and watch as she carefully lopes along the rail. Jag carried a bit more speed this time because he had a more open area to run. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Imma just jog him a lap before I go in. Just to calm him down." Koda said, getting back on the rail as Alexa was riding the strip between the ring and school pasture. I turned my camera on and took a video of her trotting. 

Soon after she got on the rail, Bear ran up to the fence and snapped at Jag. Jag then took off at a slow canter, Bear soon chasing him down the rail. Jag turned tail on the black Percheron, taking off full gallop down the middle of the ring, bucking every few strides. Alexa stopped to watch, her horse snorting from excitement. 

Jag threw Koda to one side, her body now dragging from the saddle. I tried to not laugh as Jag bucked one more time and Koda let go from the saddle, pushing herself as far as she could from him. I laughed as she hit the ground and rolled a bit before quickly standing to try and catch Jag. The Quarter Horse was running around the ring; dragging his long, 5 foot reins with him. 

"Whoa boy." I said as he ran past me. I put my hand up and followed his shoulder with it. I stayed in front of his "drive line" as he slowed down enough for Carly to catch him at the gate.

"Everyone alright?" She asked, a hint of amusement in her voice. 

"Yup. We're good." Koda laughed as she grabbed Jag's reins and checked his flank where Bear tried to bite him. "We're a tough boy, aren't we Jagger?" She baby-talked the last half of his name and he dipped his head so she would pet him between his ears. 

"You're gonna get back on though, right?" Carly asked, almost sounding like she was testing Koda.

"Yup." She said. "Though it was an accident, I don't want him to think that bucking is gonna get me to stay off."

"Good." Carly said and we led Jag back to the barn. As Koda got back on, I held Jag for her.

"You're a bit nasty." I laughed. She looked at herself and half rolled her eyes.

"A lil' dirt won't hurt." She said, riding off down the aisle. 

Good lord I love her Even though she's covered in dirt, I love her. I laughed to myself. And I got it all on video...

*** Hey wolfies! I'm back with another chapter of 8BitHeart! Sorry I didn't update last night, I was busy from the moment I got home from work to the time I went to bed. I hope this makes up for it! Bye wolfies and I'll see y'all in my next chapter! Bye!!!***