chapter one

.

The sun casted its soft golden hues along the palace's skin, streaks of light illuminating the hallway as the princess' butler walked through it. It was the time after dawn, and the celestial body with crowns was just peeking through pristine white clouds, shedding enough light for the tall man to function without tripping on  his shoes.

Soobin grew up to be a fine man, with his loyalty pledged to the kingdom. With hair as dark as the raven night which falls perfectly on his forehead, and eyes as bright as the stars scattered in it, he was an eye candy to the ladies, including princesses from different nations. The only problem is he is not royalty; he is just a mere butler destined to serve the kingdom for the rest of his life, and perhaps, marry someone who has the same status as him, but marriage doesn't really matter as of the moment.

The butler halted on his steps as he saw the large portrait of the princess displayed  in the middle. Harin was dressed in an elegant violet gown, with two strips of gold, fetched from the finest mining areas, lining up from her chest up to the area just  below her waist. Her hands which were delicately placed on her lap, were littered with accessories, some of which came from her late great grandmother. On her index finger was a ring, a complex mixture of the colors violet, azure, and gold, symbolizing the colors of the kingdom. Raising his gaze, the sides of his lips unconsciously curled up into a small smile as his eyes caught the smile on the princess' face reflecting his own.

Unconsciously, it wavered upon seeing the crown proudly displayed on her royal highness' head. And as if taunting him, the sun shone, and a flicker of light passed through the painting, causing the crown to glimmer.

Right. Harin is a princess.

Sighing, the older man averted his gaze from the portrait. Soobin turned left, resuming his walk to the princess' room to wake her up, as well as to check if everything is still intact. (The princess is quite a handful— coughs, troublemaker, at times and again, no one needs to hear that out loud.) 

For the second time, Soobin halted in his steps, looking at the name carved in the most beautiful way on the door, fit for someone as lovely as the daughter of the king and queen. Breathing in deeply to physically, mentally, emotionally, and perhaps, spiritually prepare himself for the upcoming tactics that the princess had in mind, Soobin counted from one to three before finally knocking thrice and opening the door.

He knew the princess for years now, and him expecting to see her slumbering peacefully on her bed would be out of place. 

But this. This is… very foreign to him. 

The bed sheets were messily sprawled on the floor, pillows thorn, and there were several arrows embedded on her wall. He knew that Harin had taken a liking to archery recently but good Lord, was he panicking right now. Her royal highness isn't really that good at archery as of the moment and God knows what happened and what will happen if she continues being this.. adventurous