Chapter 13: Frosty Day

Soobin is running late to class, good thing that he has a minute to spare, he overslept because he burnt the midnight oil. When he reached the school, he realized that he forgot to bring his jacket, it's freezing outside because it's winter.

He is planning to go to his home, in order to grab his jacket to ease himself from the cold. It will take him 5 minutes to go to his home and he is already running late, if he goes back, he will be super late.

He didn't mind it, instead he went to his locker. He is shaking from the cold when he put his school shoes on. He bring both of his hands towards his mouth and breathe.

"Soobin, where is your jacket?" Beomgyu asked. "You're literally freezing."

"I-I'm fine B-Beomgyu, I-I can b-beat the c-cold," Soobin said giving a shaky thumbs up. "D-Don't w-worry about m-me."

Beomgyu is going to protest but was interrupted by the school bell, he pats Soobin's back and went to his first class, he is worried about Soobin. The older goes to his first class.

When he reached the classroom, he noticed a jacket on top of his desk, he is confused. When he picked up the jacket, a letter fell off. He picked it up, it's the letter that his secret admirer send it to him, he read it.

Noticed that you didn't bring your jacket. Don't hesitate to put it on. - CJ

Soobin smiled to himself and put the letter in his pocket. He puts on the jacket, he is loving the warmth that is hugging him.

In the other side of the room, Yeonjun looked at him, watching the younger wearing the jacket. Yeonjun smiled to himself and looked outside the window. The younger sits down, hugging himself.

"Okay class, settle down," the teacher said, turning on the classroom heater and closed the door and sat down on the teacher's chair.

"I know that the most of the school doesn't have a class this week up until the January.

But there is a good news. The principal said that our classes will end up until this day and we will go back to our regular classes this January."

The whole class cheered and the teacher quieted them down. Soobin is so sleepy to care.

"Settle down," the teacher stood up and hands out test papers.

"Wait! We're having a quiz?" Soobin asked.

"Yes, we're having a quiz ding-dong," Yeonjun said, angrily. Rolling his eyes.

"There's no need to fight Yeonjun and Soobin," the teacher said.

"Now, I remember," Soobin said, "I'm sorry sir. I'm not in my right mind now but I can answer this test." He said answering the papers.

The teacher had finished handing out the test papers and reminded the class that they will have exactly one hour to finish the test. Also, finished or not finished pass the test papers.

Let's skip to lunch, the whole class are gathering in the cafeteria because they are serving hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Soobin is sitting at the table at the corner, drinking hot chocolate after eating spicy ramen.

"Hey, Soobin! Whoa! Who's that jacket belongs to?" Beomgyu asked, sitting down placing his tray of food on the table.

"I think it's my secret admirer," Soobin answered.

"How did you know?"

"A letter fell down when I picked up the jacket."

"Ohh. That makes sense."

Announcement:

"Good day, students of Hanlim University. This is your principal speaking. Today, we are having a half day. Because the news said that there will be a blizzard coming in the afternoon and I don't want you guys to be stranded here in school. So I will let you to go home, close your doors and windows and turn on your heater or fireplaces for warmth. That's it for today. Thank you and safe travels on your way home."

The students in the cafeteria cheered, some are running to their lockers and some are running out of the school.

"So I'll be seeing you in January?" Soobin asked.

"Yup," Beomgyu said. "I'll be bringing this ramen to home."

"Typical Beomgyu," Soobin said.

"Hey!"

"Soobin, Beomgyu."

"Hey, Kai!" Beomgyu said. "Hello Yeonjun and Taehyun."

'He is still wearing my jacket,' Yeonjun thought.

"So at December 31, there is a Sakura Festival, also known as New Years' Eve party. So we're wondering if you wanted to go with us," Hueningkai said.

"Of course, we will go!" Beomgyu said and Soobin nodded.

"Great! But there is a catch, we have to wear happis," Taehyun said.

"It's fine with us," Soobin said.

"That's perfect! See you on December 31?" Hueningkai said.

"Wouldn't miss it," Beomgyu said.

They all bid their goodbyes and went home. Their Christmas break is early.