𝐓𝐖𝐎 EGGS, BACON, GRITS, SAUSAGE.

two
eggs, bacon, grits, sausage.

━━━━━ MILO WOKE UP TO SCOTT TAPPING HIS SHOULDER AND WHISPERING THAT IT WAS TIME TO GET UP. The merman groaned, turning over so that his face was pressed into the softness of the pillow. Scott let out a quiet laugh at his stubbornness, knowing that it was already three in the afternoon. Melissa had already had a conversation with Scott about the boy, and she had agreed to allow him to stay as long as he was registered for school, so that's where she was at the moment.

"Milo, come on, it's three o'clock, you've gotta get up." The werewolf said, pushing Milo and nudging him farther and farther to the other end of the bed. As he heard the light snores escaping his mouth, Scott pulled the blankets straight off the bed and out of Milo's clutches. "Up, let's go."

     The merman whined, sitting up and kicking his legs over the side of the bed to stand up. He wobbled slightly, still getting used to walking around on legs, and Scott reached out to him to catch him if he fell. Milo caught his footing, steadying himself before he smiled gently at Scott. Milo reached to the floor, grabbing the fuzzy blanket and wrapping it around his body again, seeking its warmth.

     "You want breakfast?" The werewolf asked gently, leading the younger boy out the door and down the hallway. He was well aware of the late hour, but Milo would have to get used to land, and the most human thing ever was to eat a meal extremely late in the day.

     "Break fast?" Milo mumbled in question, unable to pronounce the word smoothly. Scott shot him a confused glance, wondering why they didn't have breakfast in the ocean. What did Milo even eat?

"The first meal of the day, what you eat right when you wake up." Scott explained, placing a hand on the blue eyed boy's back on the way into the kitchen. "Cereal, fruit, pancakes, waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, eggs, bacon."

Milo just shook his head and sat down at the dining table, playing with the napkins in the rack in front of him. Scott was rummaging through the pantry and cabinets, searching for something he thought Milo would actually like. He pulled a box of cereal out of the compartment, grabbing a bowl from the tallest shelf and placing it on the countertop. He poured some cornflakes into the bowl and then placed the box back in the pantry. After putting the milk in, he walked over to the table with a spoon and placed the food in front of the merman.

Scott grinned at the boy, happily watching Milo take spoonfuls of his breakfast, holding back constant streams of laughter as he tried to figure out how to use a spoon. Milo eventually figured it out and began to eat it right.

They sat in silence for a while, Scott occasionally sending Milo glances of concern as the boy frowned at his food. The silence was comfortable though, but it ended when Stiles came bursting into the house in a plaid shirt. His car keys were in his fist, and he waved at Milo with a tight smile when he saw him at the table. He took note of Milo's disheveled hair, the blanket draping from his shoulders, that and the fact that he was eating cereal told Stiles that he'd just woken up.

     "Scott, you ready?" He asked his best friend, pointing at the clock on the microwave.

"Yeah, but I can't just leave Milo here."

"He can come too. . . If he wants." Stiles sent the small boy an apprehensive look, Milo's eyes focused completely on his food as he ate it eagerly. The Stilinski boy quickly realized that Milo couldn't understand a word that he and Scott were saying. "Milo." He called the boys' name, slightly catching his attention, "you want to come with me and Scott?"