𝐈.

𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 — 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩

❝ __________________________ ❞

7 pm. tuesday night. kaycee and sean were rehearsing, as always, on sean's garage. they had been seeing each other every day for the past 2 months. every single day.

everyone know that they have something. something that's not just a friendship. even though they deny it, even though they say that they're "just friends". it's not just that.

sean and kaycee know each other for almost 9 yeas now. they have been friends - now, best friends - ever since. both of them know that, deep down, they have feelings for each other, but they are proud enough to not assume it.

they went from seeing each other in classes to doing a project, 2 years ago, that threw them to the industry. in fact, they were rehearsing for the third round on their journey in "World Of Dance".

"no kaycee! you have to throw your hands. i said that 5 times!" he said, stressed.

"what's the difference? it's basically the same movement!" she replied, angry.

"basically? it's totally different! just do it, i'm the choreographer in here" he shouted at her.

"oh my god. stop acting like a 2 year old kid that thinks everything has to be their way. we're in this together! you don't own everything. you're 18, lew. just, grow the heck up!" she said, getting closer to the boy.

"oh, i'm the baby now???? i'm sorry, who's the 17 year old who can do a simple hand movement?" he said, getting closer, standing face to face with her.

she hesitates for a moment, but takes a deep breath and says, in a terrifying calm voice:

"look, i didn't accepted joining in this with you for you to treat me like some sort of robot or something. i'm trying to simplify our life, because we have less than a week until the performance and we got nothing done cause you can accept things in other ways. i thought we were doing this for fun, sean."

"fun?? kaycee, this can guarantee our fucking future! but it's good to know that you don't think the same way. maybee, i should have asked another person to do this with me" he replied, looking in to her eyes.

she takes a step back, feeling the tears on the corner of her eyes. she opens her mouth to say something, but she doesn't say anything.

when he realized what he said, it was too late. she was already taking her backpack, holding back the tears. she's didn't want to cry in front of him.

"kaycee, c'mon, i just-" he starts.

"no, you're right. i shouldn't be here. i hope you find someone who's talented as you." and then, she left his house.

he thought she was kidding. that she would turn back, laughing. but she didn't. she was serious about her insecurities. and sean, was so focused on the show, that he didn't even realized her sadness, that has been following her for months. he sat on the floor, hands on his face, regretting every single word.

the moment that she entered her car, she broke down. she allowed herself to drive home, crying. she cried about things that she didn't even knew what was. her head was filled with pain, and no one knew that.

not even her best friend.

————•———

she didn't wanted to see her family, cause she knew she would have to explain the whole entire situation. so, she just mumbled a "yes" when her mother asked if the rehearsals were good.

she went to her room, threw her backpack on the bed and hopped in the shower, allowing the cold water to take all the pain away. it worked, for 20 minutes.

when she got out, her eyes red because she cried, she took her phone, and found out a lot of texts from her boyfriend jason,

and sean.

jason
where are you???
kaycee?
are you okay????
are you with someone??
kaycee caitlin rice, answer me.

she ignored him. he has been causing her pain for 3 months now. she can't even count how many times they were on a party and he got drunk, and started hitting up on other girls. how many times he punched the wall, to not punch her. how many times that there were no walls. she was drowning.

and then, she saw it. texts from sean.

shamu 💖
kayc
i am so sorry, angel
i know i'm an ashole, and
i regret ever word i said.
i need to talk to you
please call me when you want to.
good night, angel. i love you.

she started crying again. crying because she can't get rid of a toxic relationship. because she can't say anything to anyone. because he likes her best friend and he doesn't like her back. because she failed herself.

she didn't answer him either. she wanted him to feel guilty. she wanted him to realize how stupid he was. she knew it was a selfish decision, but she felt good.

she gave him the silent treatment.

it was 1 am and kaycee couldn't sleep. she kept thinking about sean and reached out her phone 5 times to answer him. but every time, she doesn't say anything.

little did she know that, two blocks away, the chinese boy couldn't sleep either, thinking about his best friend. trying to find a way to tell her he likes her. but at his point of view, she doesn't feel the same

"what could i possibly say?? "hey kayc i know you have a boyfriend and i know you're very happy with him, but i like you"?" he said, talking to himself.

and it was with that feeling, both of them fell asleep. thinking about each other.

_______________________________

hey you guys, it's me @lewserfilms (ig).
welcome to the story i created at 2 am last night lol.
the plot it's on the next chapter, so stay tuned!

xoxo sofia