17

Y/N watched the MAMA performance online, seeing the other groups performing. She checked when Twice was due to perform, and ended up stopping the stream. She couldn't get herself to find the interest of watching to see if her own group won any awards... She hated herself for taking a break, wanting to just hide from the world, but also wanted to find a way to be better with herself, and go back into the world, to prove that she had gotten better. 

"Y/N...?" Her mother's voice called from the other side of her door. The door opened slightly, revealing her mother's concerned face. "You have a visitor..." She spoke calmly.

"Who?" Her voice sounded broken, as if she was sick. Her mother moved the door open more, stepping to the side to let the visitor through. Mina gave her a small smile, standing in the doorway of her room. 

"Can I come in?" She asked quietly. Y/N nodded, turning on the lamp near her bed to light up the room. Her mother left the two to be by themselves as Mina approached the bed. 

"How did you find me?" Y/N frowned at her. 

"I asked manager oppa where you were." Mina smiled. "Don't worry. I wasn't followed here." She chuckled. Y/N rolled her eyes, that was the last thing she needed in her life. "You aren't watching MAMA?" She asked. 

"You aren't either?" Y/N fired back. 

"Guess we both won't know anything until tomorrow." Mina laughed while sitting on her bed. She played with the ends of one of her blankets, sitting in a somewhat comfortable silence. 

"You came all the way from Japan just to sit on my bed?" Y/N frowned. 

"I came here to see if you were alive." Mina frowned. "No one tells me anything anymore.." She sighed. "But, when I saw the emails with the lineup for MAMA, and I didn't see your name I got nervous." She whispered. "So I asked Sana what happened, then she told me you had gone home for a while. Manager said it was going to be a quiet thing..." She explained. 

"Quiet thing?" Y/N asked. 

"With me they made an announcement... With you, they are trying to keep both yours and your sister's names cleared... So they are saying for health purposes you would be resting for a while.." She explained. Y/N nodded knowing they were always looking out for both of them. Even if they weren't in the same agency, they knew they had to tiptoe around all of that. 

"I don't know why I'm even apart of Twice Mina..." Y/N admitted. "We've been at this for years... And I still feel like I don't belong..." She frowned. 

"I know the feeling." Mina sighed. "What makes you feel it?" She asked. 

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked. 

"What triggers the feeling." She whispered. Y/N looked down at her blanket, she sat up a little more, placing herself in the corner of the bed as she thought. "Me... It's when no one listens..." She admitted. 

"You have a quiet voice." Y/N frowned. 

"So do you." Mina sighed. "But Sana hears you loud and clear. Every time you open your mouth to speak, she's right there listening to you, and forcing other people to shut up to hear you." She chuckled. "Chaeyoung is the same for me." She admitted.

"Mine... Are the fans.." Y/N whispered. "I know they love us... But I can't help but feel like I need to be better all the time for them. I can't show who I really am to them." She frowned. Mina nodded in agreement. Both of them had announced on a variety show that they were both severe introverts and preferred to stay indoors, causing people to backlash and say they were lazy. 

"I wish we could give them something." Mina sighed. "Something to let them know we still care about them..." 

"Maybe we can... Not a performance though... A video." Y/N smiled, she grabbed her phone, immediately texting their managers. 

"What's the idea?" Mina asked. "Am I going to be apart of it?" Mina had a smile on her face now as she watched Y/N type a quick message. 

"Oh yes. Just the two of us." She smiled. 

Y/N and Mina were on a scheduled break yes, but that didn't mean they couldn't do anything surprising. The managers that did stay behind agreed with their idea, both girls giddy with excitement as they sat in a practice room. 

Y/N sat at the piano, playing the chords to the song perfectly with Mina singing in the background. Y/N joined in when she could, reading the sheet music quickly as she went along. The managers smiled as they saw the two most anxiety fueled members singing their hearts out to the song that had obviously meant a lot to them. 

"It could use some work, but I like the idea." One manager smiled. 

"We can record it today?" Mina asked, hopeful on the idea.

"If you guys clean up the vocals a bit more yes." The other approved. Y/N and Mina smiled at each other. It was going to be a surprise to everyone, including their members as they prepped themselves. Their managers got approval to sing the cover, and within hours they were in the recording studio with cameras. Mina reached over to grab Y/N's hand, both of them nervous for their impromptu idea. 

"We got this." Mina whispered. 

"We got this..." Y/N's voice wavered slightly. 

"Think of Sana." Mina smiled at her. 

It only took two shots to get the song perfect. The managers in awe with how well the second take had gone. The cameras were still recording at the end of it, capturing the small emotional scene from both Y/N and Mina when they pulled each other into a tight embrace. The managers kept the scene in, knowing it was the perfect emotional factor for them. 

After MAMA was finished, the little team uploaded the video to every account they had. Youtube, VLive, a teaser clip on their instagram account. It was perfect. Mina and Y/N took a selfie together, posting it to their Instagram account and captioning it perfectly. 

'twicetagram: Minari and I still think of Once often, and thanks to you, we are recovering. Don't worry, you'll see us soon.'