Anywhen

"Holy sh*t..."

In awe, but confused, I stepped through the doorway. In front of me was a room filled with computers, blinking lights, and a bunch of old but high tech stuff.

I began to walk around, running my fingertips along the keyboards which I identified as from the 90s'. What made me even more confused was that 25 years or so couldn't put that much rust on the hatch. "...that means that someone made this tech in the late 60s'. Fifty years is how long this grade of steel would last". I thought to myself, being the tech geek I was. Then, on the far side of the bunker, I saw a giant pipe. Like, big enough to fit a full-grown man. I slowly made my way towards it and caught sight of a small handle. Carefully pulling the door open, I suddenly became confused. What was this? Trying to figure that out, I turned on a computer. IT WAS SO SLOW. Once it turned on, I clicked on a folder that was titled "Project T.T.T.". I clicked on the first document that said "Time Travel Tube", which I assumed was what T.T.T. stood for. I opened the document, taking a glance at the pipe before reading this:
Project T.T.T. is the first known time machine. (NOT GOVERNMENT APPROVED) I, Paul J. Beckham, am the creator and inventor of this project, which I am telling in case any one or more people try to steal my work and research. I have created this document for the sole purpose of keeping my legacy alive if I don't come back from my trip to the prehistoric age.
(I mentally facepalmed myself because of this man's choice of when he went to.)
     But still, I had found a time machine! This was crazy! I didn't even know this was possible. It was revolutionary for this time, let alone the late 60s'. This meant that I could go anywhere, excuse me, anywhen. It was a little much for me to take in all at once, so I decided to head home and sleep on it. I walked out of the bunker and down the tunnel, making sure to close the door carefully, and climbed back up the ladder. As I climbed out of the hole, I looked around to realize that, one, it was dark out now, and two, I had no idea where I was. Thank God for google maps and phone flashlights. Once I'd figured out where I was going, I made the long walk home.
     As I reached my house, I saw the living room light was on. I quietly opened the front door as I sucked in a breath, then felt a wave of relief wash over me as I noticed I was only my dad in the room, passed out drunk on the couch. I snuck upstairs and laid safely down on my bed. I immediately began to think about what I would do with this opportunity I had. I soon began to realize how many options there were of when to go to. And again, that word came up: Anywhen. Soon, a brilliant scheme began to develop in my head.