Forever's Too Good To Be True

Hey, guys. For those of you who don't know, I'm Elliot! Welcome to my Christmas story for 2019! This is technically five days late, but I didn't celebrate Christmas until the 30th this year, so this is on time for me, and I decided it would be better to actually get it well done for today than rush it for the 25th. Anyway, this is basically the result of me wanting Malik to have a happy winter holiday and completely failing in not including angst, so here you go. Hope y'all enjoy. Sorry I haven't been very active this semester; I had work and classes and essays and stress. Hopefully I'll be better in the new year. Anyway, for anyone new, please take a look at some of my other stories and I hope you enjoy!

Content Warnings: Cancer (lung cancer, stage three), sex, panic attacks, discussions of Kul Elna

"Hey, honey." Malik dropped next to Bakura on the couch. "You know how you love me?"

Bakura scowled and paused his game to look up at Malik. "That feels like an incredibly loaded question."

"Why would it be loaded?" Malik toyed with one of his earrings.

Bakura eyed him for a moment. He was only dressed in a skirt and a nice shirt, so he wasn't planning on going out somewhere fancy and stuffing Bakura into a tight suit like a fucking doll. His hair was loose, so he wasn't trying to steal Bakura's game. He was wearing his kohl and make-up, so he wasn't kicking Bakura out for his birthday just yet. Bakura pressed the play button and resumed his game. "What do you want, Malik?"

Malik watched Bakura play for a minute. Assassin's Creed: Origins. Not his favourite, but Bakura was in the mood to relive his days of stabbing the aristocracy and stealing from rude merchants, at least a little. It wasn't the same, but it was a small fuck you to the magnificent Pharaoh that he could still do it.

"I want to celebrate Christmas."

Bakura choked and his character died doing a leap of faith gone wrong because of it. Game Over. Resume from last saved file?

Bakura left the option on screen and discarded the XBox controls to turn and face Malik. He wasn't looking at Bakura anymore. Instead he had pulled his feet up onto the couch, knees hugged to his chest, and was watching the window. It was cold out, but bright and sunny, and there were fortunately no signs of snow yet.

"You... want to celebrate Christmas?" Bakura repeated. "As in go out, fancy dinner, chocolates, that kind of bullshit?"

Malik shook his head and cleared his throat. "I... I was actually thinking more the Western Christmas. A tree, presents and all that."

It took Bakura a minute to process, like his brain was in the buffering but still somewhat working stage of a faulty video game. You could move around and jump and shit, but the map wouldn't load, so there was nothing but blue around and you kept running into invisible things because the map wouldn't load. "You," he began, "want to celebrate Christmas."