Cliché Ride

by Maddy
owner of UCS

A girl is forced to move to a new school by her strict father. She also gets to 'enjoy' a personal driver whose job characteristics include reporting everything to her dad. At first, things are incredibly difficult for her. She's overwhelmed by the change. Her ambitious self finds it hard to keep up with the new kids and she's too much of a perfectionist to just let herself go with the flow.

On the ride back home, It doesn't go unnoticed by her driver how overwhelmed she appears to be. He tries his best to convince her to share what's on her mind. He also seems sincere in doing so. She, however, felt attacked and without a second thought told him to mind his own business. She quickly came back to her senses and realized how unnecessary her reaction was. That led to her apologizing multiple times. She finally admitted how helpful her driver's kindness is and how she should've treated him better from the very beginning. Once she opened up, the atmosphere in the car changed. The chemistry between them was now more than obvious. The corner they had parked in was so quiet, they could hear each other's heartbeat. He didn't wait long until he leaned in for a kiss. Surprisingly, even for herself, she didn't push him away. Everything felt quite natural. The kiss was sensual and emotional. Like a long-needed comforting hug but way more pleasant. Awkwardness arose once their lips finally separated. Both of them acted as if nothing happened, and that continued for days. Until another car parked in her driveway. She got in only to realize not only the car was different but also the driver. A 30-minute ride with that new strange company felt like an eternity. She swore to never set foot in that new driver's Honda ever again. Despite his as well as her father's warnings, she managed to keep that promise. It was yet another day of her surviving through wind and snow when she got a call from her former driver. His soothing voice nearly brought her to tears. It was unbelievable how attached she had grown in such a short time. Her excitement, however, was completely unnecessary since he had only called to provide clarity on the situation. As suspected, her father found out about the intimate moment they shared which became the reason for his 'quitting'. As they were about to hang up, she quickly gathered the courage and asked him out for coffee.Although the Honda driver's services were not needed, he remained in his position in front of the school. Just in case she changed her mind. That, on the other hand, made meeting her former driver way more of a challenging task. She had to leap over the schoolyard's fence to successfully get to her date. They had no plans whatsoever. To spend more time together, they chose a faraway destination to drive to. The other's presence alone was enough to make their hearts feel all warm and fuzzy.Nothing ever feels better than forbidden first love.