Trust Me...

Prologue:

“I’m really sorry Mila. I really didn't mean to! It somehow just happened.... You’re a nice girl, but just not right for me. I like Candice, now. I hope you understand.”

Tears welled up in my eyes as his words pierced straight through my heart.

“Mila? Say something!” Michael said.

“I need to go...” I couldn't take it anymore.

“Mi—” Michael started.

“It’s fine Michael. I get it! I just need some time.” And that is when I started walking away from the one person I truly loved.

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1:

My name is Mila Qwego. Single, Mexican-American, 17 and in high school. My life has been a chain of surprises, but mostly bad ones. When I was nine, my parents were taken away from me and I, now, live with my guardian and also my parents' best friend Joe Parker and his family

It sucks not having my parents around anymore because there are times when I see the Parker family enjoy each others’ company and not experiencing the love and affection from my parents.

Uncle Joe and Aunt May have three children, Mark, 7, Amelia, 12, and Jared, 17. Jared and I have been best friends from...I don't know...the time we were born?

Jared is the kind of guy all girl could dream of. Co-captain of the school football team, black hair always spiked up, brown eyes, and the perfect smile. Perfect enough for a toothpaste advert. But I don't like him more than a friend. He's like a brother I never had.

That's not the point. I tell Jared everything and so does he. He's been dating Madison Grey, who also happens to be my best friend for nine years now. And let me tell you, Madison is the most amazing and charming girl I've ever seen & met. Her hair falls down til’ her belly and she's got the brightest blue eyes ever. Also, her smile could bring to life a whole town of dead people. 

Honestly, they are just perfect for each other. I don't even remember how they started dating.

I've never been in a relationship before but I like this guy called Michael Jones. High school jock, captain of the football team, class president, brown hair, green eyes, and a smile you could die for. Michael's been in an 'On and Off' relationship with Candice Hawthorne, who turns out to be the head cheerleader and also the one person I hate the most.

I don't know how, but I swear, Candice and I have been sworn enemies since I got into high school. She's always been a pain to me even though I've never done anything to her. I don't care! She's invisible to me anyway.

"Urgh! How dare you tell me that? No one tells me that, Michael Jones!" someone screams from the hallway. 

As I walk towards the commotion ahead of me, I see Jared and Madison.

"Hey guys! What's all the noise about?" I ask.

"Oh nothing! Just the usual drama put up by Candice...again." Jared replies.

"Wait...Candice and Michael broke up again?" I ask Jared and Madison with excitement rushing into me.

"Yeah, obviously! Nothing new in that." Maddy says with a smirk.

"Hahaha! Oh God! She'll be whining about it all day in class now!" I say rolling my eyes.

*BELL RINGS*

"Oh Man! First Period with Ms. Sylvester" Madison says with a frown.

"Chillout baby, it's okay. You have me!" Jared replies with a wink.

"And me." I add.

"Hahahaha! You Guys!" Madison laughs.

As we enter the classroom, I see Michael and his group of friends sitting on the class desk and my heart starts racing, my stomach tightens and I end up with a goofy smile on my face.

That moment, Ms.Sylvester enters and silence takes over.

I quickly take my place next to Jared and Madison and shoot a glance at Michael. That very moment, he catches my eye. I flush furiously and look at him again from the corner of my eye and I see his lips twist up to a smile.

And then forty five minutes of boredom strikes in.

After the bell rings, we all get up to leave and I drop my books.

"Just my luck." I murmur to myself.

"Here, let me get them for you." says a very familiar voice.

"No, it's o—" I start to say.

The next moment, I couldn't find any words. My heart started beating loudly and my stomach filled with butterflies.

"Hi! I'm Michael."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Ends Here. :)

Hope You Like It. :D

Annnd...You Can Picture Mila In Anyway You Want. ;)