An Unexpected Surprise

My body was aching and I was very tired after a long day of listening to songs dedicated to my wonderful inspiration. I was in my air-conditioned bedroom, wearing a chartreuse T-shirt, a grey hoodie, and short white shorts that tranquil and frosty evening.

I took off my headphones and shut down my notebook, putting them back to the desk. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth and got out afterwards. I opened the curtains and saw a shooting star just in time. I made a wish that my inspiration would drop by and sleep beside me, leaving the curtains wide open.

I switched on a blue night light, took off my glasses, and slept in my cottony king bed at 12 midnight. I had little trouble sleeping and couldn't let my inspiration out of my head due to her cute and angelic appearance. When the clock struck 2 in the morning, I felt something touching my face.

The soft yet peculiar touch was so relaxing that I couldn't help but feel it more and more. As I opened my eyes, I saw a human-like creature with blue sparkly slit-pupiled orbs floating in mid-air, staring at me out of curiosity whilst gently stroking my cheek with her gloved hand.

"Could it be?", my thoughts asked.

I rubbed my eyes, arose cautiously, switched on the lamp, and wore my glasses to see who that was. The fair-complexioned airborne creature wore a purple-striped jester hat, a magenta collared vest with red and gold highlights encrusted with little blue diamonds and gold star buttons, white long sleeves with grey markings and violet and gold triangular-patterned cuffs, a pair of white gloves, violet tights with white runes on her hips and pink and gold tints surrounding her ankles, and a large red jewel latched on her chest. She is none other than NiGHTS the Nightmaren.

She carefully landed on my bed, smiled at me innocently and said, "Hello there".

I was stunned that my wish ultimately came true and felt so ecstatic that I get to see NiGHTS in person. Tears of joy started to roll down my face. I warmly hugged the Nightmaren and she hugged me back, feeling the radiance of the red jewel and capturing the ornate scents of lavender and ocean blue on her distinctive jester outfit.

"Oh my goodness! I can't believe you're here! You don't know how happy I am to see you!", I said whilst crying happily.

After we hugged for one minute, NiGHTS giggled and said, "It's really nice to see you too. I presume that you are my biggest fan".

"My name is Alvar. It's a great honour to finally meet you", I introduced myself to her.

"Each day and night, I couldn't stop thinking about you because you are the most inspirational figure to me", I subsequently claimed.

She believed that it was thoughtful of me. Somehow, I got confused on how she got in my bedroom.

"I was flying around until I saw something bright and blue outside your window", NiGHTS explained.

"It made me wonder what it is so I opened it and flew in right here", she added.

My thoughts conveyed that she was referring to the night light. I didn't hear her open the window because I was sleeping too comfortably. I checked to see if she closed it which she did since I don't want the air conditioner to go to waste. NiGHTS looked back on her struggles with the ones who disapproved of her freedom. Despite disliking Reala and Wizeman, she was saddened about their loss.

"I wanted to protect the world of dreams and I had no other choice but to turn against them. When I found out their true colours, I seem to regret having a family like them in the first place", she stated sorrowfully.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences NiGHTS", I comforted her to lighten up her spirits.

Not wanting to make our conversation a gloomy one, we changed the subject to Nightopia.