Reunion

(A/N: ah. Seems not yet the last. 😂)

I know... I had always been stubborn every time I face you.

"Ge, why do you care about what they say?! We should fight for our happiness! Are you satisfied with us always in hiding?!"

I only see you.

"Did you misunderstand something? There had never been an us."

I love you too much, I can’t see what’s around us.

"Ge...?"

Because you’re blinding. I am blinded. By your smile… your voice… your eyes… everything of you.

"I am retiring."

I was blinded I only see what’s in front of me, and that’s you. I never noticed the danger behind us… around us.

"What?! Retiring?! Why?! You’re just 30 - "

I badly wanted for everyone to accept us, yet I actually never cared about them, which is a mistake. They destroyed us.

"I... am going back to my hometown... and get married."

No… it was me. I destroyed you.

"Getting married...? What do you mean... you’re going to get married? Then what about me?"

I never noticed your pain… but you always noticed mine (pain).

"... there’s nothing between us. You greatly misunderstood me. I am sorry for causing this misunderstanding.”

Ge... if I just had been more careful... more mature... had our relationship not noticed... would you have stayed with me longer? Forever?

He dashed towards the airport and immediately went inside the departure area. Ge… he thought as he pulled his luggage.

“Racer Wang Yibo forfeited in the competition. Racer xxx won the match.” A female voice from the airport’s T.V. can be heard.

“The passengers of the flight xxx please board the plane now – “

He immediately stood up and almost ran and start the plane himself. However, he couldn’t do that. Like what Wang Dalu said, towards Xiao Zhan, he can’t control his emotions. Thus, he needs to calm down. He took a deep breath and looked at the paper containing an address Wang Dalu gave to him before the man left that day.

“It’s not only you, though you’re the main, that caused Zhanzhan to leave the entertainment world.” Wang Dalu texted him. “Zhanzhan is already tired of our world. So, when your relationship is about to be exposed, and Li Danni is already suspecting it, Zhanzhan took this chance to end your relationship, so that with this one action, he can end everything. The main effect is protecting you.” He told him. “Zhanzhan’s contract is also expiring. Before he left, he helped the X Nine and gave them the songs he wrote together with his recorded voice to present to the fans when the time Li Danni announce his contract’s expiry. Then, as you know, Zhanzhan disappeared. However, he didn’t go back to Chongqing. He knew his parent’s will be disturbed by the reporters. And so he chose to disappear.” He looked at him. “I only know one address of where Zhanzhan might be. I don’t know if he’s really there. And – “ he sighed. “ – I tell you. Please control your emotions when you see him. Because… I don’t know how he is now.”
He closed his eyes as he immersed himself in their memories.
.
.
.
.

He can feel his heart wildly beating against his chest as he walked down the dimly-lit hallway, giving a solemn atmosphere. Every step he takes echoes on the empty hallway, adding to his nervousness and excitement of him finally seeing Xiao Zhan. Ge… he thought as he stopped in front of a room. He took a deep breath and raised his knuckles to knock. He gulped down his saliva as he suppress his heart beating faster and faster, just like when he is racing against the other racers.

He was about to hit the door with his knuckle when the door opened. He held his breath as he moved his eyes to see him. However, he felt his body froze when he saw a beautiful woman walked outside. “Oh?” the woman said, surprised when she saw him standing outside the door. “Hello.” She greeted. “Are you looking for someone?” she asked. Her voice is soft and sweet like an angel. Perfectly matches his (XZ) voice.

He felt his heart sank. Is she… he thought. However, his heart that sank flew up to the sky when he heard a male voice inside. “You haven’t left yet?” it was Xiao Zhan’s voice. It’s the same in his memories. The question was for the woman since Xiao Zhan didn’t hear the door closed.

The voice that made his heart flutter in the past, singing songs with beautiful melodies is now directed to the woman. He (XZ) isn’t even aware that he (WYB) is here. “Mn. There’s someone outside.” The woman answered as she turned inside the room.

“Who?” Xiao Zhan asked, his voice confused. He hadn’t given his address to anyone other than Wang Dalu. His friend visited him again? But, he already visited him last week – he sighed as he walked towards the door where Angela stood by. However, his feet was glued on the floor when he saw someone standing outside, his hand still raised and his gaze is boring on him. He felt his calmly beating heart started to beat faster in excitement and longing. His eyes watered and his lips subconsciously drew to a smile, just like every time when he saw him. “Didi…” he called under his breath, he can feel his tears are about to fall.

Wang Yibo’s eyes heated as he stared at the face that was always in his dreams ever since he laid his eyes on him. He opened his mouth, he felt his throat constricted because of the emotions he feels right now. For 6 years… 6 long years… “Ge…” he finally managed to say. He smiled and lowered his eyes, feeling shy like a bashful teenager every time he sees his crush. He realized, nothing had changed since then, when they first met. He was always, acting like this every time he sees him.

However, coincidentally, he saw something shone on Xiao Zhan’s finger. Subconsciously, his eyes moved and landed on the woman’s hand. She’s also wearing a ring.

He felt his frozen body collapsed.

(A/N: next chap will be the last! Thank you for being with me this far!)