♥ Part 4 | Care ♥

We arrived back home, a home I'm still very unfamiliar with. As I rested upon the couch, I blinked and woke myself up back into reality. It feels like I've been day dreaming for so long. I looked up and examined my surroundings. I looked at every crack in the wall, the ridges of the floor, and I smiled to myself out of complete gratitude. I'm so glad that demon almost killed me, I'm so glad I had to suffer through all of that immense pain, because it's what brought me to Giyu. Speaking of Giyu, where is he? I suppose I did sort of pass out as soon as I laid down. I lifted myself up, my hand rubbing against my forehead. Hm, guess I still feel lightheaded after all that difficult training. I got up on my feet and silently walked through the creaky house incase Giyu was resting. I peeked in each room, but there was no sign of him. I knocked on the closed bathroom door, and to which I got a response.

"Hm?" Giyu hummed softly.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry. I was just making sure you didn't abandon me or anything," I scratched my neck and smiled nervously. "Don't be too long, please," Giyu opened the door instantly after my request, and I stared up at him. "Well that was quick."

"Y/N," he said warmly, his eyes focused on me. "What makes you have that assumption?"

"Oh...well," my eyes dropped to the ground, and I felt a pain deep within me. A pain I wanted to forget for the rest of eternity. "It's j-just...my sister and I had been together my whole life, because my father and my mother were demon slayers we had no choice but to be alone most of our life. Our uncle had watched over us, but the thing is, we'd always wander off on our own. Every day I spent with my sister, my sweet Zora. I miss her innocent voice, her caring words, I miss her so much..

"So that is what has given you this paranoia?"

"Yes...yes it is."

"And your uncle?"

"They were both killed."

"It can be difficult, letting go of the ones we love. A person of great significance in our lives, never being able to be with them again, it's hard to fathom."

"It is, and no matter how much I try to run away from it, it's always there. The memories of Zora and I."

"They will never leave your heart, that is a blessing, though."

"You're right," I say quietly, my eyes shutting gently. "I'm glad I have those memories forever."

"Y/N, as I was saying," I lifted my head up to see Giyu again. "You do not have to fear of that, with me. You wanted to know a bit more about me, correct?"

"Yes, I do."

"I will protect you, Y/N. The truth is, sometimes, as humans, we can be drawn to people and have no exact clue as to why we were in the first place, but it is something we discover as we learn more about that person. My job is to protect you, to keep you safe, to hold you when you need to cry, to help you become stronger."

"G-Giyu-"

"My goal, Y/N, is to live out my days with you."

"You-"

"We are both lonely. We have both been abandoned, lost the ones we loved. We know the true cruelty of this world. We can help each other, Y/N. We can be the people we longed for to each other."

"Giyu, I-I would love that," my eyes lock onto his, but this time his eyes are full of passion and...care. "You can be the older brother I never had, protect me through every battle, always listen to me when I need it, let me cry into your chest-"

"I-Well, I-" Giyu's face fills with confusion. He scratches his neck, and looks back at me. "Yes, Y/N, if that's what you desire, I will be your big brother."

"That's the feeling you've been giving off to me this whole time, I've been trying to figure out what you call that feeling. It's been so long since I experienced it, but I remember now. It's the feeling of the comfort given by what can only be a family member," I stare at him as he stares into space, not facing me. "Giyu, look at me." He snaps out of his daze and looks me dead in the eyes. I close my eyes. I breathe in the scent of this feeling, the sensational aroma of it. I can feel it around me, it makes me feel like I can go on forever. I can feel you, Giyu. I think...I understand this feeling. I open my eyes, but to my surprise, they do not seem the same anymore. No, no. No this is completely different. This is quite confusing for me...but this is definitely not what I made it out to be. What is this feeling he's giving me? It's...it's not a family feeling, it's...more than that.

"Is something bothering you?" H-His voice. It sounds so...beautiful. No, this isn't what I thought. So frustrating. What is this? I don't even know what it is, I can't figure it out. Is it...maybe a friend sort of feeling? No...no it can't be. That's too little of a feeling. If it's not family, it's not friendship, then...-

"Giyu!" I burst out, quickly covering my mouth immediately after. I can feel the heat that my cheeks are giving off against my fingers. I know this feeling now. 

"What's wrong?"

"O-Oh! Uhhh...I'm sorry it's just your expression is SO cold. It just...shocked me, I guess. I'm sorry! I'm okay."

"Oh, I see. Well, alright. Would you like anything to eat?"

"Yes! Yes...please. I will take literally anything."

"Alright."