Chapter 1

Again Morgan wakes up alone to an empty bed and house. Lately,  that's all he has been thinking about. That he has no one to come home to or talk about his day with.  He knows people just see him as a player and don't take him seriously but all he really longs is a family he never really had. Growing up his parents were never really there,  all they cared about was their appearance to others and money. When they were there they acted like him and his older sister Hannah didn't exist and go on about their lives. Hannah basically raised him until she went off to college to start her own life and they soon drifted apart only contacting each other during the holidays. Being a firefighter was something he always dreamed of and determined to achieve. He has been in the field for almost three years now and has really connected with his coworker who he now considers family. The only thing is they all have someone to go home to, someone who worries about them while they are out fighting fires and a person who keeps them going during the toughest days. 

Being twenty-five, twenty-six in a few days he thought he would have at least been in a relationship or even married by now.  He has only had two serious relationships, both only lasting a couple of months because they couldn't handle what he did for a living. After that, the rest have been pretty much been one night stands or a friend with benefits type of relationships. He is starting to lose hope that he will have his own family one day and just be known as the playboy firefighter. Morgan looks at the time"Crap, I'm late!". He races to get dress, grab some breakfast and hopefully still be able to make it to work somewhat on time.