Chapter 5

Five hours later, I was closing up my register and getting ready to be done with my shift.

   Michaels order had came out shortly after he ordered and he took it to go. He left and I still had no idea who he was besides the fact that he like to read and was extremely quiet. After he left I continued to take orders and think about who the heck I was going on a date with. Mads really set me up. Like a knew I was the one that received the numbers but I really had no interest in dating right now. I had no time.

   Machelle had left around 10am and left me to handle the crowd until Bethann showed up. Luckily she arrived shortly after. It was now my turn to take off. I shut down the register and noticed that we were having a relatively small crowd this morning for our lunch hour. I knew Bethann could handle it so I gave her a wave and headed towards the kitchen to gather my belongings and say bye to Louis.

   I got back there and saw Louis sitting around sipping a cup of coffee. He must have made so much this morning that there was nothing that needed to be done. I walked over and gave him a hug and a smile. Louis became more and more like a grandfather every time I came into work.

   "Thank you Louie for the gifts," I hadn't checked but I knew that they would be there.

   "What gifts?" he asked with a smile. He does this every Saturday shift I work. "You haven't even checked yet. Maybe there isn't any."

   " So I'm no longer the favorite then?" I tried to pout, but a hint of a smile escaped.

   "Shhh... that has to be a secret," he laughed. We both knew that Louie would never reveal his favorite but we both knew that secretly I was. We just kinda clicked and that was that.

   "Thank you and see you Monday!" I gave him a wave and went to the office to clock out and gather my things. I picked up my phone and noticed Mads had called sixteen different times. Something must really be up because she knew I had to work this morning. I called her back immediately as I walked to my car. She picked up on the first ring.

   "Geezzzzz Cammie can you not bother to pick up your phone," she whined.

   "Mads, I was at work. What is so important?"

   "I knew that." She paused a moment as if to make sure that she actually knew that I had to work. "Anyway, we have our double date tonight at 8 and I have no idea what to wear and you. You need a new dress."
   "Mads, I don't need a new dress. On to you though, meet me at the mall in 10 and we can pick something out. Bring Kennedy and she can help us out."

   "You do too need a new dress," and with that she hung up the phone.

   It hit me just then. That little ahhhhhhh, hadn't bothered to tell me that I had a date tonight. She never told me the day that this so called date would be happening. I could just scream cause what if I had to work all day. I sighed and started my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed over to the mall to meet up with Mads and Kennedy.

   I got there and saw that the parking lot was kind of empty and there were plenty of parking spots open. I pulled into one as close to the front of the doors as possible and text Kennedy and Mads that I was here. I turned off my car and got out, locked the doors, and headed inside.

   I walked in the doors and headed to our favorite dress shop, Mrs. Bergards. It was a cute little shop that sold the cutest cloths for not a bad price. I had gotten several of my dresses here and Mrs. Bergard has gotten to know me by name. Whether or not that is a good thing who knows, but she always lets us girls when she gets a new shipment. I normally just go browsing thinking about all the occasions that I would wear a dress to but would never get the chance to. This time though I would be buying a dress just because I wanted to wear something new. I know I had told Mads that I had several dresses at home but now that I am here I couldn't help but want one. I started to walk through reds and blues and greens and yellow dresses. Mrs. Bergard spotted me right away and gave me a smile. She was in the middle of helping a girl and her mom pick out what looked like a homecoming dress. It was a pretty floral pattern with simple lace back. It was adorable.