Cherry Bomb

Dallas- June 5, 2018

I tapped my black, thigh high, Steve Madden boots nervously against the carpeted floor as I stood in a dressing room waiting for Harry to arrive

I tapped my black, thigh high, Steve Madden boots nervously against the carpeted floor as I stood in a dressing room waiting for Harry to arrive. I was getting anxious as we were at about four hours before the concert was to start and today's interview was going to set the tone for the rest of the tour. I hadn't seen Harry since Sunday and I was oddly nervous, hence the boot tapping.

I replayed Zach's conversation with me from Sunday in my mind.

"How's the interview process going? Is he being as difficult as you'd imagined?" A hint of a laugh played on Zach's Boston accent.

"It's going...up and down for sure. One minute he's standoffish and the next he's kissing my cheek." I felt my guilty conscience rear her ugly head as I admitted to Harry's peck on the cheek. It wasn't clearly intended to be a big deal but I still felt guilty...mostly because of the way it had made me feel.

"Ah so he is a womanizer after all?"

"No, I don't think so. It was just a British kiss goodbye on the cheek."

"Yeah, yeah. You tell him I said hands off my girl." I laughed at that and knew Zach wasn't bothered in the slightest. If he was, he would have thrown a fit.

"I'll be sure to mention it to him babe." I joked back and plopped down on the bed, kicking my shoes off.

"When's your first pages due for Sinclair to look at?"

"Uh, I send him my first couple of pages on Saturday." I heaved a sigh starting to feel stressed. I needed way more content from Harry before the end of the week.

"Well I'm proud of you babe. You're doing the damn thing and I know you are going to write them one hell of an article." I smiled at his words. This was one of the reasons I loved Zach so much, he was my biggest cheerleader.

"I love you Zach."

"Love you too Rue. I'll text you later alright?"

"Okay sounds good."

"Hey Rue?" I paused and waited for him to continue, "you tell Mr. Styles what I said. I obviously trust you, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him."

I felt my stomach drop at the memory. I wasn't going to embarrass myself and say something to Harry about it. A part of me felt like Zach had still been joking...but another part of me felt like he may have been the slightest bit jealous. Zach wasn't protective or obsessive or anything. He was a quietly confident guy, very calm, always sure of himself but in the humblest way possible. It was one of the qualities that drew me to him initially.

I think what was causing my guilty conscience to dance on the forefront of my mind was the strange feelings I was having. Was it the fact that Harry was a celebrity? Was that why I was feeling these...feelings? I wasn't sure. I had met plenty of celebrities before and never felt...this. I mean when you are in a relationship it's not like you die. You obviously find people attractive and Harry was 100% attractive to anything that considered itself human...but that wasn't what had me worried and questioning myself.