Chapter 4: Him

*Kate's POV*

I wake up in a blur. My arm is stinging, bleeding, and throbbing. My fringe haircut with blue and pink tips are out of place, and starting to fade.

I try to stand up, when I do I fall face first into the ocean. When I rise up I scream. "WHY ME, WHY ME NOW!" I walk into shore and onto the pier. I see Braxton's jacket in the same place. So is his Swiss Army pocket knife drenched in my blood. I close the knife, pick up his jacket and walk towards the school.

*Braxton's POV*

I keep running... I don't know why, but I just can't stop running.

*Kate's POV* I reach the school and head to the dorm door. I walk down the hallway to my room. Once I enter I toss his jacket, and set it on the chair. My head crashes into my pillow. I can barely breath through it but it keeps my calm. I go to sleep soon.

~Kate's Dream~

I see the basement where my dad used to abuse me. I see him approaching with the whip he used to hit me with. LASH-LASH-LASH. He hits it with his hand. "NO DADDY NOOO!" ~Whoosh~

*Kate's POV*

I wake up to hear a knocking on my door. I answer and Braxton is there. "Oh thank God, I had a terrible nightmare," I told him. "Well... what about," he asked. I said my father. "Really, what happened?" He said. "Well before I tell you here's your jacket," I told him. "Oh, thanks now about your father," he said. "Well when before I came here my mom died, and my dad tried to forget. He soon became an alcoholic, he said I remind him of my mother so he beat me senseless every day, so much to sometimes I would need to go to the hospital because I lost so much blood. Trying to get me to die, I actually ran away. When I came here I heard he recovered, and went to work for the CIA. His department is to investigate paranormal activity. So if he finds out about us he will kill us all." I told him. I tried to hold back the tears as I told him.

He gets up and looks down at me. I flinch back thinking he will hit me. Instead he bends down to hug me. I don't hug back, but I do ruin his shirt by sobbing all over him.

"Hey It's okay, in have to go now but call me," he says while standing up. "PLEASE D-Don't leave me," I cry out. "No Kate I have to l-," I interrupt him with a kiss. This time our lips don't spark. (Wow Shocking No Pun Intended)

*Braxton's POV*

I try to leave but I don't. Then she kisses me. I pull back immediately, I grab my jacket and run. I don't know what I'm feeling... could it be what I think.

*Kate's POV*

As he runs I drop to both knees, I reach my arm out to the door whispering "Come back," as my tears run down my face and hit the ground. I see out the corner of my eye his knife still there. But I don't grab it, instead I build rage. Thinking of my father, how he hurt me, how he killed my soul, how he is a monster. Then in an instant I hear a flash bomb go off in the dorm.

Then a swat team grabs me. I see my father beside Ivy. He directed the men holding me towards him. I scramble and squirm all over. Then he grabs me by the chin and says.

"Welcome home Kate," and then punches me, but I don't react, I jump out of there arms and sprint towards the door

The swat people catch up to me and punch me again and I still don't react because I've been hit worse by my father, but I do fall. Then I think how she betrayed me, or was it Braxton.

I wonder who, why, when, and who was the one who betrayed me. Who is the one I will kill... and I say "If you hurt me or my friends I will manually kill you all slowly, painfully, bloody."

Then they put me on a gurney, and lift me up in a helicopter with my father. But I still hear a voice saying "Kate I will get you... I love you," then I realize it's Braxton's.

But I hear a gunshot and a body fall. I scream "NOOOOOOO," as my dad covers my mouth and gives a signal to leave. Then I cry, and cry, because I don't know who is the holder of... Betrayal.

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed! I will cover the other people soon, and who is the holder of... Betrayal.