« prologue »

tw: mentions of self harm

Kaminari was attractive.

Sero was not.

And he was aware of it.

Sero was a plain looking boy, fitting the boring look of his jet black hair and slanted eyes.

His friend group was wildly attractive as well. Kirishima's unique hair and loveable personality, Mina's fun attitude and bright colors, and Bakugo's fucking everything.

It was easy to say he was inferior compared to the rest.

But his friends depended on him to be the happy one. The one with a permanent smile. He wasn't allowed to be sad, right? Right. He needed to be happy. Didn't matter if he cut his lanky figure to ribbons, he just needed to smile. If he convinced everyone else he was happy, he could convince himself.

To say Hanta Sero loved the idiot known as Denki Kaminari was an understatement. He was head over heels for the boy. Every little thing about him filled his heart with awe.

The way Denki's nose sometimes scrunched up in concentration.

The little freckles upon his cheeks you could make out if you squint.

The way he could erupt in laughter during their little shared jokes. Oh god. Don't get him started on the gorgeous chuckles that made his heart skip a beat.

He was in love his best friend.

But, of course, the blonde was straight. And madly in love with a lesbian. It wasn't his usual flings where he'd consistently flirt with a girl he thought was hot. Kaminari was determined to not give up on Jirou.

And as usual, Kaminari was determined to be supported by his BFF. I know. Cliche, right?

That was how his teenage angst spiraled into hell.