Ch. 9

Ch. 9

{Liam's Pov}

I'm awaken by someone kicking my back. I groan and sit up and I realize I'm not in my own bed. Looking to my left I see Zayn tossing and turning and I see some sweat on his forehead. He must be having a nightmare. He's mumbling something, but I can't understand what he's saying. I shake his shoulders hoping he'll wake the fuck up, but he doesn't.

"Zayn" I whisper in his ear and shake him a couple of times, but he doesn't budge.

"ZAYN!" I screaming his ear. His eyes shot open and he sits up so fast that he knocks me straight off the bed.

"Ow!" I whine when I hit the floor with a loud thump.

"Oh shit. Sorry babe!" Zayn says as he helps me off the floor.

"It's ok. Were you having a nightmare?" I ask concerned for my boyfriend.

"Uh yeah. I've been having it all week" he replies while scratching the back of his head.

"Oh" I say a bit surprised. "Wanna talk about it?" I say and sit on the bed.

"Not really" he says and sits next to me. "I don't want to scare you or anything."

"Oh, it's alright. But tell me when you're ready ok?"

He just nods in response. I get my phone and see it's only 9:13. It's pretty late for me to be just getting up. A wave of realization hits me.

I didn't tell mum where I was.

Shit. Shit. Shit. She's probably worried sick.

I dial her number and wait for here to answer.

*ring*

"LIAM JAMES PAYNE! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!" I pull the phone away from my ear. I didn't know she could that loud.

"Sorry mum, I was at a friend's house and I slept over and it completely slipped my mind to inform you as to where I was, I'm so sorry" I explain myself.

"What friend?" She questions.

"Zay-, um I mean Niall." I caught myself before I completely say his name.

"You were going to say Zayn's name weren't you?" She asks. Shit, caught red handed. I get from off the bed, out of the bedroom and into the hallway.

"Pfft! No...!" Gosh I'm horrible at lying.

"Yes you were. You're at his house aren't you? You know what? Don't answer that, I know you're there. I want you home Liam. Now." And with that she hangs up.

Mum who knows who Zayn is, she just doesn't know I'm dating him. I'm so screwed.

I walk back into the room and quickly change back into my clothes from yesterday not caring if Zayn's right there.

"Leaving so soon?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah, and might not ever see me again if mum doesn't kill me" I reply. "And she knows I'm with you."

Zayn pauses and and looks at me. "You're joking right? Tell me you're joking." He says as he scrambles off the bed and walks towards me. "Who'd she find out?!"

"Your name might have slipped into the conversation..."

"Liam!"

"I'm sorry, it was an accident! I'm not good at lying!" I defend myself.

"No duh! She's going to kill you, and then she's going to kill me!"

"Think positive okay? I'll call you and tell you what happens if I don't get my phone taken away. Don't worry too much babe, it's not your arse on the line" I hug him and kiss his cheek and leave his house.