Chapter 7

I was sitting in the class, next to Freddy as the whole class started to get ready for the day.

"Alright, everybody! Class has begun! And you know what, you guys have been doing really good." Dad said as he took off his jacket and walked around the class, picking up his guitar.

"If I was gonna give you a grade, I'll give you an A." He said, putting the strap of his guitar over his shoulder.

"But, that's the problem. Rockin' about doing things perfect! Who could tell me what it's really about?" He asked us, looking for answers before Frankie raised his hand.

"Uh... Scoring chicks?"

"N.. No. See? No. Lenny?"

"Getting wasted."

"N.. Come on. No. Leonard."

"Stickin' it to the man?"

"Yes! But, you can't just say it man. You gotta feel it. In your blood and guts!" Dad said, expressing it with his fingers.

"If you wanna rock, you gotta break the rules. You gotta get mad at the man. And right now, I'm the man. That's right. I am the man and who's got the guts to tell me off? Huh? Who's gonna tell me off?" He asked, looking around the class.

"Shut the hell up, Schneebly!" Freddy yelled from next to me, making me cover my ears.

"That's it, Freddy. That's it! Who can top him?" He said, pointing at Freddy multiple times.

"Get outta here, stupid ass." Alicia said, shaking her head.

"Yes, Alicia!" He said, looking for more.

"You're a joke! Your the worst teacher I've ever had!" Summer exclaimed, making the face and everything.

"Summer! That is great! I like the delivery because I felt your anger."

"Thank you." She said, flipping her hair.

"You're a fat loser and you have body odor." Lawrence said, out of nowhere in a fast pace.

"Alright... Alright! Now is everyone nice and pissed off?"

"Yes!"

"Good! Time to write a rock song! Now what makes you mad more than anything in the world!? Billy." He said, pointing at Billy who had his hand up.

"You."

"Billy. We've already talked me out. Let's move on."

"You're tacky and I hate you."

"Ok. You see me after class."

"You. Gordon."

"No allowance."

"I didn't get my allowance today and now I'm really ticked off!" Dad said, more like in a song.

"You know what I mean? What else makes you mad? Michelle?"

"Chores."

"I had to my chores today and now I'm really ticked off. What else?"

"Bullies."

"All you bullies get out of my way so now I'm really ticked off!"

Dad then got up and straightened his hair before walking up to Zack.

"So, What would you say to a bully... Zack?"

"I don't know?"

"No. Come on. If someone was right up in your grill, what would you say?"

"I don't know."

'Where is he going at with this?'

"If someone was pushing you around, what would you say?" He asked now moving his hands as if he was pushing someone.

"Step off?"

Dad then pointed to him and started to play again.

"Step off!" He yelled, making all of us repeat after him for at least 7 times.

He then broke out into a song, which led him to kicking the table over, making us laugh.

After he was done with the song, he started to bow as everybody started to clap.

TIME SKIP

After lunch, Dad have everybody lessons on how rock music started and what it is.

He even showed Freddy how to use the drums and how to act cool with the sticks.

He taught the backup singers some dance moves to go with songs.

He taught Katie what type of faces to use when she's playing the bass guitar.

While everybody was doing their own thing.

TIME SKIP

Katie, Freddy and I were walking through the halls, talking about who's the better drummer and who can't drum.

"She's a better drummer than you." Katie said to Freddy as she walked off.

"Freddy? Where are your sleeves and what have you don't to your hair?" Ms. Mullins asked, stopping Freddy and I from walking off.

"It's called punk, Ms. Mullins." I told her, making her look at me before glancing back at Freddy.

"Well. It's not school uniform." She said, trying to roll down his sleeves before walking off.

TIME SKIP

After lunch, Dad brought the whole class out to his van, making sure that we don't get caught.

He then start to drive us to a certain theatre.

We all got out of the van and started to gather together in the middle of the building with our instruments.

"Look at these little kids, man." A guy mumbled, making Freddy and I turn around.

"Shut up." Freddy said as I held his arm from going any further.

"Oh. Sorry. I thought that this was Battle of the Bands..."

"Hey. You wanna piece of me?" Freddy threatened as he took a step forward.

"Freddy. Don't. Please." I begged him, before Dad called his name.

"Freddy. Hey. Come on. We are trying to nail this audition." Dad said to the group before turning around.

TIME SKIP

"Hey. You seem cute." A guys said as they glanced at me.

"Excuse me?"

"What the hell, dude! Back off!" Freddy exclaimed before pushing me behind him.

"Who are you? The boyfriend?" One guys asked.

"What If I am?" Freddy said, making me blush behind him.

"Anyways. I was hoping if you guys want to come over to our van and play some games."

"What kind of games?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Just card games. Wanna join?"

"Uh... I don't..."

"Sure. Why not?" Freddy said from in front of me.

"Freddy. What are you doing? If we leave, my dad will get angry." I whispered, pulling his arm.

"It's fine. Besides, I'll be right here with you the whole time." Freddy said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him.

BACK INSIDE THE THEATRE

"Ok. We are ready to go." Dewey said as he walked back to the group.

"No, we're not. Freddy took off and Y/n tried to stop him." Summer told him.

"What? Where?" He asked, not believing what he l's hearing.

"I don't know. Some guys invited them to their van."

"WHAT!!??"