Chapter I

Seulgi sat in her luxurious home office, swirling the deep amber liquid in her glass of scotch. The evening sun cast an enchanting glow through the grand floor-to-ceiling windows. It was her favorite time of the day when the world transitioned from the chaos of daylight to the calm serenity of dusk.

Tonight, the daunting task of proposing a deal with another powerful mafia boss lay ahead. Seulgi had been contemplating this move for months, and now it was time to put her meticulously strategized plan into motion. The fate of her empire hinged on the success of this proposal.

As she sipped her scotch, the notes of caramel and oak intertwined with her thoughts, giving her the courage she needed. The aroma filled the air, heightening the intensity of the moment. Seulgi relished in the solitude and silence of her office, her sanctuary amidst the chaos of the criminal underworld.

With a decisive exhale, she set aside her glass, her mind fully focused on the task at hand. Rising from her plush leather chair, she strolled across the room, examining the meticulously organized shelves that housed her collection of important documents.

Seulgi deftly maneuvered through the narrow aisles of her personal library, her fingers sliding gracefully over the spines of aged leather-bound books. She had inherited the immense knowledge of her predecessors, and it was by understanding the lessons of the past that she wielded power in the present.

After several minutes of searching, she found the folder she had been seeking: her proposal for the alliance with the mafia boss. The information contained within was crucial; it held the potential to shape the course of their respective empires. Securing a trustworthy ally in this dangerous world was no easy feat, but Seulgi intended to prove that their collaboration would result in immense benefits for both parties involved.

Retaking her seat behind the massive mahogany desk, she prepared herself mentally for the imminent meeting. The scotch in her glass had lowered, and its warmth dissipated through every sip. She knew all too well that in this world, vulnerability was a weakness that could never be revealed. But just as she was going to make a call, she was interrupted.

"Seulgi unnie!", Yeri called out, knocking on the office door to grab the taller's attention as she paused from making the call to look at the door.

"Yes, Yerim come in.", Seulgi responded and softly exhaled while hearing the door click open and shut, glancing up to see Yeri coming to sit on the chair in front of the desk she was behind.

"Is everything okay?", Seulgi asked in full seriousness, a little annoyed about being disturbed.

"Yeah, I'm just bored.", Yeri calmly answered as she sat back on the chair, causing Seulgi to chuckle softly while fixing her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"What do you want to do? Go shoot some targets?", Seulgi suggested, but Yeri shook her head in response.

"What do you want to do then?", Seulgi curiously questioned, leaning forward while clasping her hands in front of her. Now completely forgetting about her original agenda.

"Wait, did you hear about the announcement?", Yeri suddenly asked and Seulgi slowly shook her head, confused as to what the younger was talking about.

"What announcement?", Seulgi inquired, knitting her eyebrows before taking off her glasses.

"Besides the obvious rumors of the Kangs' alliancing with the Hwangs, there are sayings of the auction coming back.", Yeri stated with amusement in her voice as Seulgi quietly laughed.