29. Kiss

E Z R A

Adrian escorted me to lunch for the first time in awhile. We turned the corner and walked inside the cafeteria. Adrian looked over to the spot Lee usually stood and frowned when he saw that the spot was empty.

I walked to the lunch line, pleased to see that I was the first one there. When I got my food, I walked back to the table to see Adrian sitting there, waiting for me.

"How's everything going Adrian?" Chad asked sneaking up beside me.

I inhaled deeply and covered my chest with my hands. "Chad, why would you sneak up on me like that?" I asked. He laughed at the look of horror on my face.

"It's not my fault that you're easily frightened." He said.

I looked at him to see that he hadn't gotten his food yet, which was surprising.

I then looked over at Adrian who was still staring at that spot. "Lee and I are back together." He said in response to Chad's question.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Wait, you and Lee are dating?" I asked. He smiled before nodding.

"Well, you should go get your food Chad. The line's already long." He said changing the subject.

Chad looked back and his eyes popped out of his head. "Aww come on." He whined before marching over to the long line.

I began to dig into the food in front of me and it wasn't until I heard multiple gasps fill the cafeteria that I looked up. I dropped my fork in shock.

"Is that Flames?" Multiple people around me whispered.

"He really is alive." Someone else whispered.

It struck me that he was wearing scrubs. He also wasn't wearing his mask. I smiled like any proud boyfriend would.

That's my Kaz.

"Attention everyone, this is Flames. I expect you all to treat him with kindness and respect!" Lee yelled. Kaz looked around the cafeteria as if he was looking for someone.

It saddened me to see that no one offered a seat at their table. In fact, I saw people scooting over to make it appear that they had no seats.

That upset me, but maybe I'm just biased. If I didn't know Kaz would I still offer up a seat?

Yeah, I would.

"You can sit with me." I said smiling at Kaz, who had finally locked eyes with me. Literally, everyone turned around in shock, even Lee and Adrian.

All of their eyes being on me made me feel self-conscience. Kaz smiled back at me and at that moment I no longer cared about who was looking at me. Lee escorted him over to Chad and I's table.

"I'm Flames but you can call me Kaz." Kaz said extending his hand, I took his hand in mine and shook it.

"I'm Ezra." I said back. He sat down eating a nice looking lunch, unlike the one I had.

"Thank you." He said.

"You're welcome." I responded.

"Would you like some?" He asked pointing to his mouth-watering nachos.

"Yes please." I said. He grabbed a chip that didn't have a jalapeno on it, knowing that I was a picky eater. He double dipped the chip into the cheese and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said.

He nodded at me as I bit into the chip. I didn't even have time to savor it because underneath the table, I felt him softly touch my ankle with his foot. He gently moved it up and down my ankle causing me to look down and blush.