2

______

It had been two weeks since Lea's unexpected return, and Sarah was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that her mother was back in her life. They had started to get to know each other again, but it was a slow and awkward process. Sarah found herself constantly on edge, unsure of what to say or how to act around the woman who had left her for so long.

One evening, Sarah was sitting in her room doing homework when Lea knocked on the door.

"Hey, can I come in?" Lea asked tentatively.

"Sure," Sarah replied, setting her pen down on her desk.

Lea entered the room and sat down on the edge of Sarah's bed. "I wanted to talk to you about something," she said, fidgeting with her hands.

"What is it?" Sarah asked, sensing that her mother was nervous.

"I was thinking about how much I missed out on when I was gone," Lea said softly. "I never got to be there for your birthdays, your graduations, your first crush... I just feel like I missed so much."

Sarah felt a pang of sadness in her chest. She had always felt like something was missing from her life, and hearing her mother acknowledge that made it all the more real.

"I understand," Sarah said, trying to keep her voice steady. "But you can't just come back and try to make up for all those years. It doesn't work like that."

Lea looked down at her hands, ashamed. "I know, and I'm sorry. I just want to make things right between us."

Sarah sighed. "I want that too, but it's going to take time. I need to learn to trust you again."

Lea nodded. "I understand. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn your trust back."

Sarah looked at her mother, unsure of what to say. She had always wanted her mother to come back, but now that she was here, she didn't know how to feel.

"I know this is hard," Lea said, sensing Sarah's hesitation. "But I promise you, I'm not going anywhere."

Sarah nodded, a small smile creeping onto her face. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all.

***********************************************************************************************

!!!

Hey there, LeGine stans! I've put together a bunch of LeGine stories that I think you'll really enjoy. Thankies!