Bloody Petals

So my first fanfic. I don't edit, nah. So drown in my typos, if auto correct didn't do its job that is.
This is a test, so really short, but I hope you like it.

__________________________________

Hanahaki disease-

Is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love.

It ends only when the beloved returns their feelings or when the victim dies.

A single white rose petal.

Splatters of blood decorated their marble sink, and there, in the middle of the mess, lay a white rose petal.

Ruby stared at the sight in horror.

No, this was wrong. 

Trembling, she reached her hand out to turn on the tap, cleansing the red display back to the ivory white it once was.

She also watched as the petal flowed harmlessly down the drain.

It's been weeks since she's had the cough. It's been weeks since she started coughing up blood, but only now did she realize what was going on.

"I love her... don't I?"

She whispered to herself, looking up and sighing dejectedly.

That girl...

Flashes of alabaster white hair and icy blue eyes filled her vision, her laugh echoed through her ears like a heavenly choir.

Weiss was her best friend.

Her ONLY best friend.

Best friends are not supposed to fall in love with each other.

She inhaled sharply, collecting herself before heading out.

As she unlocked the door and walked out of the bathroom, she can't help but feel so alone.

The school halls were empty; all students were in their respective classes and she only got an excuse because she called sick.

She wasn't wrong, though.

Ruby made her way towards their dorm room to get some rest, today was going to be a long day, if she gets lucky enough.

"Ruby?"

The brunette looked up to see a familiar blonde, Yang.

Her older sister seemed to notice something was off about her the instant she laid eyes on her.

"Hey sis, are you okay? Heard you ditched Professor Goodwitch today."

Ah, yes. Professor Glynda Goodwitch; She hated her class.

Ruby pulled herself together and mustered a tired smile.