The start

As the day turned into night I wondered how my life could get any better.

I'm 13 almost 14 my name is Lola, I have both my parents Abby and Alex are still together. They use to tell me stories of when they were little well actually my age and the stories were mostly about there awesome school. Whenever I asked if I could go there they said I'd have to wait until I'm older.

The first day of school everyone got an egg dyed different colors and we all got a partner the teacher chose. It had to be girl and boy pairs so I ended up will Kaleb and the guy I had a crush on got paired up with the weirdest girl in school Alexa brown. My crushes name is Liam. He's charming, funny, cute and handsome. I've never actually talked to him because I'm terrified he will just avoid me or ignore me entirely. I'm just an ordinary girl with dark brown hair and eyes, he would never like me.
Anyway we have to keep these eggs for a week Kaleb said I have to take it every night because his siblings could wreak the egg. Ours is dyed purple my favourite colour. The egg shell is harder than a normal egg and the egg already smells kinda like socks that have been worn all day.
"How did the night go?", Kaleb questioned.
"Pretty good my mom wanted to hold it all the time which was kinda weird but it survived", I answered in a quite voice that sounded more like a whisper. I gave him a small smile. When I looked up I saw Liam holding his egg gingerly then my heart melted. But Kaleb looked a little jealous which made me role my eyes. I don't know if these things are supposed to hatch or not the teacher avoids the question every time someone asks. Hmm... I wonder what she is hiding.