Chapter 2 - The Invitation

A/N: Sorry it was late! Be wary of the tags hehe

"LONG LIVE THE HUANG AND XIAO CLAN!"

After the engagement ceremony, the dignitaries from the Huang Clan had requested Lord Xiao Rensen if their party could stay in Frozen Peaks for a few more days. It was so that the Young Master Huang and the Young Lord Dejun could get themselves more acquainted as a newly engaged couple. As soon as Dejun's father had agreed to their request, guest chambers were prepared for the dignitaries of the Huang Clan.

Of course Dejun, as always, had no choice.

That night, Huang Guanheng had bid him farewell by taking his hand and placing a chaste and gentle kiss on top.

More and more, Dejun thought of how bold Huang Guanheng was, probably a distinct characteristic of people from Dragon's Nest. Daring, feisty and active. More and more, Dejun thought of ways how he could possibly handle him, handle the sudden presence of Huang Guanheng in his life. And frankly, Dejun had no idea how he would do so.

It had slowly been sinking in the more he thought about it.

Dejun was officially tied to someone.

Dejun was in his bedroom, a humble space that only had a bed, a vanity and a study table. There was no need for a closet since the handmaidens would always prepare his clothes for the day. A personal bath was also unnecessary since Dejun preferred the relaxing ambience of the Steaming Springs, the Winter Temple's bath house, more than having his own drawn into his quarters.

Live your life as simple as you can, Dejun's father would say. He knew his father's words were difficult to do, considering the title he held and the responsibility that came with it, but Dejun lives by that phrase. Simplicity is after all but a commodity that is hard to come by for people like Dejun. But he does like the thought that among the Seven Clans of Weishen, the Xiao Clan, although very conservative, was the most understated in the land.

It was why it remained a mystery as to how in the world someone as enigmatic and powerful as Huang Guanheng would find any interest in Xiao Dejun.

Dejun sighed heavily as he brushed his long ivory strands, loosening them from the binding braid he had worn earlier. He'd been sitting for a good hour just getting his hair free of stray petals and excess leaves his cousin had oh so generously decorated in his crown. Curse Kun and his incessant need to make Dejun look like a wandering bouquet.

He glanced at the basket where he placed the flowers in his head. Kun said they had been sent by Prince Na of Blooming Fields as a present to congratulate Dejun on his engagement.

Gazing at the Prince's gift of flowers placed within the basket lead his mind to wander off to the thought of summers and Blooming Fields. Laughter, running, hiding, youth, comprised of his memorable summers at Blooming Fields, spent together with his friends.

Dejun wondered how his friends were faring. He had not seen them in a while. After all, Dejun hadn't visited Blooming Fields for over a year now.

He missed Jaemin, the ever smiling young prince of the Floral Palace, along with his mischievous cousin, Liu Yangyang. He even missed Seo Donghyuck, the second young prince of Bear Mountains, whose mischief could only rival those of Yangyang's.

They always used to play with each other every summer in the Floral Palace whenever a clan meeting was held at Blooming Fields. It granted them hours and hours of play time, running around the gardens of the palace with Kun chasing after them while Sicheng and Na Yuta (Jaemin's older brother) simply shook their heads in endearment amusement.