Epilogue

All of that occurred many years ago, and frankly, I still can't believe that it did. If it hadn't been for August, I would have died that night. I owe my life to him.

And now, as I lay here in bed next to my husband and I watch my baby daughter sleep peacefully in her crib, I wonder how on earth I could have ever even thought about ending my life.

True, I continued to be bullied throughout the rest of high school, and yes, it affected me - it even caused me to starve myself on a couple occasions. But now, I realize how ridiculous I was the night I jumped off that bridge.

I have a wonderful life now, and I would have missed out on it if I was successful in my suicide attempt. To this day, I am thankful for my friend Auggie and for his act of courage, bravery, and love.

Some might wonder why I decided to write about such a horrible event. Well, it's because there's a moral to this story. Don't ever think that the trials you are facing now are worth ending your life, because you will miss out on so much.

Please, I am begging you, do not end your life. I am speaking from experience when I say that it will get better. It may not seem like it, but it will.

So please, whatever you do, stay alive and don't give up. Because you never know what the future may hold.